Daily Herald - Suburban Chicago's source for news This copy is for personal, non-commercial use. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution you can: 1) Use the "Reprint" button found on the top and bottom of every article, 2) Visit reprints.theygsgroup.com/dailyherald.asp for samples and additional information or 3) Order a reprint of this article now.
Article updated: 5/9/2013 9:36 PM

Exhaust fan blamed for Naperville house fire

By Steve Zalusky

Naperville firefighters said a malfunctioning bathroom ceiling exhaust fan caused a fire Thursday evening at a home on the 2700 block of Pennyroyal Circle.

At 6:38 p.m., firefighters received the first of several 911 calls from neighbors reporting smoke and fire coming out of the roof of the house.

The fire was under control in about seven minutes, with most of the blaze confined to the attic of the house and moderate damage to the second floor.

The residents were outside by the time firefighters arrived. No one was injured.

The damage to the residence is estimated at $200,000.

An inspector deemed the building uninhabitable.

The Naperville Fire Department was assisted at the scene by Naperville police and the city's Emergency Management Agency. The Lisle-Woodridge Fire Department staffed two of Naperville's fire stations. While providing this standby coverage, one of the Lisle-Woodridge fire units responded to a separate incident.

Copyright © 2014 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.