Breaking News Bar
updated: 5/9/2013 9:36 PM

Exhaust fan blamed for Naperville house fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 

Naperville firefighters said a malfunctioning bathroom ceiling exhaust fan caused a fire Thursday evening at a home on the 2700 block of Pennyroyal Circle.

At 6:38 p.m., firefighters received the first of several 911 calls from neighbors reporting smoke and fire coming out of the roof of the house.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The fire was under control in about seven minutes, with most of the blaze confined to the attic of the house and moderate damage to the second floor.

The residents were outside by the time firefighters arrived. No one was injured.

The damage to the residence is estimated at $200,000.

An inspector deemed the building uninhabitable.

The Naperville Fire Department was assisted at the scene by Naperville police and the city's Emergency Management Agency. The Lisle-Woodridge Fire Department staffed two of Naperville's fire stations. While providing this standby coverage, one of the Lisle-Woodridge fire units responded to a separate incident.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here