• Stephen J. Gibson, 24, of the 1800 block of Westfield Drive, Aurora, was arrested at about 2 p.m. Thursday on Griswold Street south of Walnut Avenue and charged with possession of between 30 and 500 grams of cannabis, manufacturing of between 30 and 500 grams of cannabis, and delivery of cannabis on school grounds, according to a police report. Gibson was the driver of a vehicle that police stopped for an unspecified vehicle code violation. The stop took place about 560 feet from Lowery Middle School.
Contact information ( * required )
• Brett D. Baxter, 25, of the 1800 block of Red Oak Lane, Spring Grove, was arrested at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday on the 1600 block of Mark Avenue and charged with possession of between 30 and 500 grams of cannabis, according to a police report. Police received a call about drugs possibly being sold from a red Chevrolet Suburban parked on the street. Baxter was the driver, police said.
• An Interstate battery was stolen out of a vehicle between 8 a.m. April 26 and 12:16 a.m. April 27 in the 19N0-99 block of Randall Road near West Dundee, police said.
• Thirteen 12-volt automobile batteries were stolen Sunday out of a truck belonging to a towing company. Walters Towing, 9N533 Nesler Road near Elgin, let an employee take a vehicle home overnight. It notified police when the employee did not return the next day. The truck was found in Winfield.
• Donald Tyler Hopp, 18, of the 12N200 block of Charlotte Court near Elgin, was charged with criminal damage to property at 3 a.m. Thursday, according to a police report. He is accused of breaking windows on a garage, and on a vehicle inside the garage, in the 37W700 block of Big Timber Road. According to the deputy's report, Hopp said he had lived in a house on the property and was upset that the new owner had demolished the house, and that he wanted to find out what was in the garage.