Breaking News Bar
updated: 5/3/2013 9:31 PM

Dog dies in Schaumburg house fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 

Schaumburg firefighters quickly extinguished a fire at a two-story house Friday afternoon, but a small dog perished in the blaze..

The fire occurred around 4 p.m. in a home on Ardmore Court near Pinehurst Lane.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

When firefighters arrived, they found smoke pouring from the first and second floor.

Schaumburg fire Battalion Chief Rick Anderson said firefighters entered the rear of the house and detected the fire in the rear of the garage. It took them about 10 minutes to extinguish.

There were no injuries to firefighters or residents.

Anderson said it appears that the cause was careless use of smoking materials.

Damages are estimated at $75,000.

He said the Red Cross was on the scene to help displaced residents find shelter. The home is not habitable.

Another dog survived the fire and was taken to Golf Rose Animal Hospital in Schaumburg with smoke inhalation.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.