• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Donald Hallik III, 31, of the 600 block of South William Street, Mount Prospect, and Eric S. Inman, 30, of the 1300 block of East Rand Road, Des Plaines, were arrested around 11 p.m. April 18 after an officer on patrol saw them in a fenced storage lot at Sru Corp., 216 S. Graceland Ave., reports said. Hallik was charged with criminal trespass and his court date is May 17. Inman was charged with criminal trespass and felony theft because he was carrying an aluminum ladder belonging to the company and valued at $240, reports said. His court date is April 25.
• Burglars pried the door on an attached garage at a home on the 2100 block of South Douglas Avenue between April 14 and 19, entered the home through the unlocked door between the garage and kitchen, stole the range hood and dishwasher and kicked two holes in the kitchen drywall. The home is apparently owned by a bank, reports indicated. Loss was estimated at $1,800.
• Thieves stole a small zippered bag containing approximately $300 out of an employee's purse at Tiffany's restaurant, 2179 E. Touhy Ave., between 6:30 and 11:45 p. m. April 19.
• A man put unknown items into a store shopping bag at Jewel-Osco, 1500 S. Lee St., around 5:15 a.m. April 20 and left without paying, reports said.
• Thieves stole a surveying transit valued at $500 out of a pole barn at Maine West High School, 1755 S. Wolf Road, between Oct. 1 and April 11.
• Thieves used a tow truck to steal a red 1997 Oldsmobile sedan and a white 1993 Toyota Camry out of a lot at an auto repair business, 1101 Elmhurst Road, between 5:30 p.m. April 21 and 8 a.m. April 22.
• A male passenger in a gray Jeep Grand Cherokee may have hurled a liquor bottle that smashed a double pane window in an apartment bedroom on the 1700 block of West Victoria Drive around 2:45 a.m. April 15. A 5-year-old girl was sleeping in the room but was not injured. The sound of breaking glass woke her parents, who saw a vehicle with five men speed away. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Burglars stole a debit card out of the glove box and a backpack containing a wallet out of the trunk of an unlocked 1998 Nissan Maxima in a driveway on the 900 block of Lancaster Street between 8:50 and 10:45 p.m. April 15. Value was estimated at $126. Someone used the debit card to purchase gas at the Mobil gas station at Golf and Arlington Heights roads.