Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a blue mountain bike out of the front yard at a home on the 1000 block of Poplar Lane around 11 a.m. April 14. Value was estimated at $75.
• Ricardo Pineda-Hernandez, 19, of the 500 block of Clearwater, Roselle, was arrested around 11:45 p.m. April 12 at Lake and Arlington streets and charged with unlawful contact with a street gang member.
• Christopher Ryan, 20, of the 300 block of Glenwood, Bloomingdale, was arrested around 10:10 a.m. April 12 at County Farm and Lawrence roads and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. He was also arrested on an outstanding warrant out of DuPage County.
• Michael Skulski, 48, of the 1400 block of Syracuse, Schaumburg, was arrested around 2:20 p.m. April 12 at Lake and Ontarioville streets and charged with disorderly conduct.
• Michael C. Carlson, 22, of the 1600 block of 15th Avenue, Columbus, Ga., was arrested around 9 p.m. April 12 on the 1800 block of Ontarioville and charged with battery.
• Rolando Moreno, 21, of the 300 block of Stratford, Streamwood, was arrested around 10:50 p.m. April 13 on the 1000 block of Parkview and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and no valid driver's license.
• Gang members may have displayed a handgun while intimidating residents on the 6200 block of Kit Carson around 6 p.m. April 13.
• Vandals broke a side mirror on three vehicles on the 6100 block of Kit Carson between 8:50 and 10 a.m. April 13.
• A man stole a universal car charger from the Shell gas station, 1597 Irving Park Road, around 9:40 a.m. April 16.
• Vandals smashed the windows on a car on the 1700 block of Park around 11 p.m. April 16.
• Thieves stole a bicycle on the 7000 block of Longmeadow around 4:50 p.m. April 15.
• Matthew Christopher Nicholson, 24, of the 1800 block of Largo Court, Schaumburg, was arrested around 1:45 a.m. April 12 at America's Bar, 2308 W. Higgins Road, and charged with criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and resisting a peace officer. According to reports, he was too intoxicated to be served, refused to leave the bar and was not allowing people to enter or exit. Officers said Nicholson was yelling at customers and using racial slurs. When he refused their orders to leave, officers handcuffed him; he kicked and struggled when they placed him in a squad car, reports added. His court date is May 15.
• Frankie J. Hughes, 22, of the 1000 block of Lancaster Court, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. April 12 and charged with theft of service and battery after he reportedly punched a male taxicab driver in the mouth. Hughes ran from the cab after refusing to pay the $80 cab fare., reports said. The driver chased him to the 1200 block of Hassell Circle where Hughes punched him and fled, reports said. The cabdriver picked up Hughes at the Home Entertainment bar in Mount Prospect and drove him to the 1000 block of Lancaster. Officers questioned Hughes's friends who were still in the Mount Prospect bar and they identified him, reports added. His court date is May 14.
• Burglars stole $18 out of an unlocked 2008 Dodge Ram pickup truck in a driveway on the 1300 block of Gloucester Court between 5:30 p.m. April 9 and noon April 10.
• Ryan Symone Gary, 21, of the 1600 block of West Huron Street, Chicago, was arrested around 7:45 p.m. April 5 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took three dresses and shirts. Her court date is May 9.
• Mike Willis Henderson, 20, of the 8800 block of South May Street, Chicago, was arrested around 1 p.m. April 8 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took a shirt. His court date is April 26.
• Yoana V. Kirilova, 34, of the 1700 block of Sable Lane, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 2:15 p.m. April 8 at Whole Foods, 750 N. Martingale Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took two bottles of vitamins. Her court date is April 30.
• Dimitar P. Georgiev, 29, of the 9400 block of Kelvin Lane, Schiller Park, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. April 6 at Nordstrom Rack, 1520 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly switched price tags on merchandise. His court date is May 6.
• Rami S. Howria, 21, of the 2300 block of John Smith, Schaumburg, was arrested around 4 p.m. April 2 at his home and charged with telephone harassment after he reportedly made several unwanted phone calls to a former girlfriend who had broken up with him. His court date is April 22.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close