• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars used a bench and an air conditioner unit outside a home on the 2200 block of Douglas Avenue to reach an open second floor window, climb through, rifle through rooms and steal jewelry and a laptop computer and bag. An alarm sounded when the offenders opened the kitchen door and fled, reports said. Value was estimated at $1,500.
• Someone stole a wallet off a TV tray in a male resident's room at Asbury Court, 1750 S. Elmhurst Road, between 10 p.m. April 14 and 1 a.m. April 15. The 85-year-old victim said the wallet was on the tray when he went to sleep and was gone when he woke at 1 a.m. The door to his room was also ajar. Value was estimated at $346.
• A man apparently stole an iPod and iPhone charger and case around 9:30 p.m. April 13 outside a home on the 1800 block of South Lee Street. A 15-year-old girl and her friend were sitting in the driveway when they saw a man, described as black, 25-30 years old, thin, tall and wearing all black with a black skull cap approaching them. The girls were scared and went inside to tell the one girl's mother only to find the items missing when they returned. Value was estimated at $150.
• Vandals punctured the top part of a playground slide platform and broke a 6-foot by 3-foot window at St. Emily School, 1400 E. Central Road, between March 28 and April 8. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• Burglars entered the Mount Prospect Park District's Big Surf Pool building, 411 S. Maple St., between September 2012 and March 27, broke into 31 lockers in the men's locker room and 10 lockers in the women's locker room, possibly to steal change used to activate the lockers. It was not clear what was taken. There was no sign of forced entry to the building. Damage was estimated at $410.
• Burglars stole $350 out of the center console in an unlocked 2005 Ford Explorer in a driveway on the 800 block of South Elm Street between 9 p.m. April 7 and 6 a.m. April 8. During the same time and on the same block, burglars stole $10 out of an unlocked 2006 Porsche Cayenne SUV.