• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves stole a large paver stone valued at $1,500 near the front entrance at the former Yanni's Restaurant, 10 E. Algonquin Road, between March 28 and April 12.
• Thieves stole a locked black 20-inch crossover bicycle valued at $500 out of the Vail Street Parking Garage, 22 S. Vail St., between 4:30 p.m. April 11 and 3:30 p.m. April 12.
• Thieves stole a wallet valued at $20 and lock from a men's locker at XSport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, between 1 and 3 p.m. April 12. Thieves also stole items out of a women's unlocked locker between 9:45 and 10:15 a.m. April 13. Missing were an iPhone valued at $200, white and gray jacket valued at $100, keys, gray sweatshirt and gym bag.
• Vandals knocked over 17 bricks from a wall around a sewer drain on association property on the 900 block of West Essex Place between 4 p.m. April 13 and 8:30 a.m. April 14. The bricks were not broken, but the damage was estimated between $200 and $900.
• Vandals hurled a rock through the rear patio door at a second-floor apartment on the 4100 block of Bloomington Avenue between noon and 9 p.m. April 13.
• Vandals punctured four tires on a 2008 Scion TC in an apartment lot on the 1600 block of North Windsor Drive between 7 p.m. April 12 and 11 a.m. April 13. Damage was estimated at $1,200. According to reports, vandals punctured tires on a Chevrolet truck in the same lot Feb. 10 belonging to the same victim. During the same time and in the same lot, vandals cut four tires on a 1994 Ford Thunderbird XL. Damage was estimated at $800. The officers investigating the Scion vandalism discovered the damage to the Ford, reports said.
• Thieves stole the spare tire and rim from a 2011 Nissan XTerra SUV in a driveway on the 900 block of North Belmont Avenue between April 1 and 12. Value was estimated at $900.
• Burglars stole a car stereo, cash and keys out of an unlocked 2002 Pontiac Aztec in an apartment lot on the 2100 block of South Goebbert Road between 5:30 p.m. April 13 and 11:30 a.m. April 14. Value was estimated at $240.
• Thieves stole a green 1995 Mercury Villager van locked in a driveway on the 2400 block of South Cedar Glen between 11 p.m. April 13 and 6 a.m. April 14.
• Vandals put a hole in a window at Barrington Middle School, 215 Eastern Ave., April 1.
• Vandals dented at door on a vehicle in the Jewel lot, 150 W. Main St., April 3.
• Burglars stole tools out of a garage on the 200 block of Bellingham Drive April 6.
• Burglars broke into a car at Good Shepherd Health and Fitness Center, 1301 S. Barrington Road, April 7 and stole a purse.
• Vandals broke a car window at Good Shepherd Health and Fitness Center,, 1301 S. Barrington Road, April 7.
Elk Grove Village
• Julio Hernandez, 21, of the 100 block of North 18th Avenue, Melrose Park, was arrested around 8:55 a.m. April 10 at Higgins Road and Scott Street and charged with battery and resisting a peace officer. His court date is May 15.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Chevrolet Astro work van at Optimal Automatics, 120 Stanley St., between 5:15 p.m. April 9 and 7 a.m. April 10 and stole the Air Clean assembly under the hood. Loss was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole the driver's-side mirror from a 2010 GMC box truck in a lot at Ram International, 1650 Carmen Drive, between 5 p.m. April 9 and 8:30 a.m. April 10. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars broke into a 1996 Oldsmobile Sierra and stole stereo speakers, amplifier, stereo faceplate and a music player on the 700 block of Pahl Road between 11 p.m. April 4 and 9:45 a.m. April 5.
• Thieves stole two baseball bags containing baseball bats, gloves, shoes and helmets around 3:10 p.m. April 6. The bags were hanging on a fence at 750 W. Elk Grove Blvd. while a boy and his sister went to the park. Value was estimated at $604.
• Luis A. Vasquez, 21, of the 1500 block of Candlewood Drive, Crystal Lake, was arrested about 12:45 a.m. April 6 at Lamplighter Inn, 60 N. Bothwell St., and charged with criminal damage to property after he reportedly broke a window and tried to flee.
• Jose Oscar Segovia, 22, of the 500 block of North Sixth Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested April 4 near Hicks Road and Illinois Avenue and charged with possession of marijuana and obstructing an officer.
• Vandals hurled chunks of concrete and asphalt that smashed windshields on a victim's 2000 Infiniti sedan and 2007 Chevrolet truck.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Lincoln SUV in a lot at Buehler YMCA, 1400 W. Northwest Hwy., between 11:55 a.m. and 12:05 p.m. April 4 and stole a purse from the front seat.
• Thieves stole an iPad and Nexus tablet from a display at the Palatine Public Library, 700 North Court, between 5 and 5:15 p.m. March 30. Value was estimated at $1,200.
• Thieves stole $100 out of a customer's wallet at AutoZone, 251 N. Northwest Hwy., between 5 p.m. April 6 and 10 a.m. April 7 after the male customer left it on a counter. Staff found the wallet and secured it in a safe. The customer discovered the money missing when he retrieved the wallet.
• Gillian K. Toomey, 21, of the 200 block of King Arthur Court, Elgin, was arrested around 4:40 a.m. April 6 on the 0-100 block of Aspen Court and charged with contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile and obstructing justice after an officer reportedly saw her trying to open a door at a home on Aspen and discovered that she was intoxicated and an underage girl in her car was also intoxicated.
• Brandon A. Puller, 19, of the 1800 block of South Sutton Road, Streamwood, was arrested around 7 p.m. April 5 at Target, 1001 S. Sutton Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took three pairs of tights valued at $69. His court date is May 8.
• A man placed merchandise valued at $435 in a shopping cart at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, about 7 p.m. April 8 and reportedly pushed the cart out of the store without paying. He left the cart and fled when a security agent confronted him. He dropped his cellphone when he ran, and officers will continue to investigate.