• Eric Flores, 23, of the 100 block of Jewett Street, Elgin, was charged with disorderly conduct/making a false police report, according to a police report. Flores called 911 at about 3 a.m. Saturday to report he had been beaten by two people who stole his wallet on Jewett Street. When he was interviewed again by Elgin police detectives on Wednesday, Flores admitted the robbery never happened. Flores said he was drunk when he made that report. Flores' bail was set at $50,000 in Kane County bond court. He is next due in court April 18.
Contact information ( * required )
• Lavell Cochran, 23, of the 0 to 99 block of Middlesex Drive, Carpentersville, was charged Sunday with aggravated assault, unlawful use of a weapon and disorderly conduct, stemming from what police said was a dispute with a 20-year-old man over a woman, according to a police report. Police said Cochran had chased the other man from a nearby parking lot into the apartment complex. Police came and found Cochran walking around with a baseball bat and threatening to hit the other man with it. As Cochran started running, the other man charged after him and the pair started fighting. Police broke up the fight and Cochran was subsequently charged. The 20-year-old was later cited with a local ordinance for public fighting, police said.
• A 15-year-old boy from Huntley was charged April 1 with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, police said. In the same incident, a 16-year-old girl from Lake in the Hills was charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance, police said. Both teenagers were released to their parents and will appear at a later date in McHenry County juvenile court.
• A student from Huntley High School told police April 2 that someone stole his Nintendo 3Ds from his backpack while at the school, police said.
• A student from Huntley High School told police April 2 that someone stole his Sony PlayStation Vista from his backpack while at the school, police said.