• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves stole a briefcase with GPS, checkbook and flashlight after the owner left the case on the trunk of his work vehicle in a business lot at 2077 Miner St. between 10:30 and 20:52 p.m. March 29. Value was estimated at $200.
• Vandals used white paint to spray gang graffiti on two garage doors at an alley on the 1700 block of White Street and on two Dumpsters in an alley on the 1600 block of East Oakton Street April 1 or 2. Damage was estimated at $420.
• Burglars broke into a 2012 Hyundai Sonata in a lot on the 1300 block of Perry Street between 8:30 p.m. April 2 and 1:35 p.m. April 3 and stole 50 CDs, two gift cards and an alcohol monitoring device. Value was estimated at $675.
• Thieves stole an engagement ring valued at $3,700 out of a condominium on the 0-100 block of East Camp McDonald Road between Feb. 27 and March 25.
• Vandals hurled chunks of concrete that dented and scratched the hood and roof and smashed the windshield on a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee in an apartment lot on the 600 block of Piper Lane between 6 p.m. March 31 and 9 a.m. April 1.
• Burglars pried a deadbolt lock at a vacant business garage at 2 S. Wolf Road between March 23 and 26. Offenders entered the garage and moved several items around, but nothing appeared to be missing.
• Vandals used a black marker to write gang graffiti on an apartment complex sign at Burning Bush and Piper lanes between 4:30 p.m. March 23 and 1:30 p.m. March 24.
• A man, suspected of stealing merchandise and returning the items for credit March 18 and 19, used the credit to purchase cigarettes at Family Dollar, 660 N. Milwaukee Ave. The store manager told the man not to return.
• Thieves broke two solar lawn lights at a home on the 800 block of Bonnie Brook Drive between 11 p.m. March 24 and 10:50 a.m. March 25. Damage is estimated at $40.
• Jeffrey S. Essex, 19, of the 600 block of Stewart Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 1:15 p.m. April 1 at Walmart, 1455 Lake-Cook Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after he reportedly took a video game controller valued at $50. His court date is April 30.