DUPAGE COUNTY--April is Alcohol Awareness Month and the DuPage County Health Department reminds residents of the health and safety problems caused by excessive alcohol consumption.
Even moderate alcohol intake is associated with increased risk of breast cancer, violence, drowning, and injuries from falls and motor vehicle crashes. Excessive drinking is a dangerous behavior for both men and women.
Contact information ( * required )
The Health Department reminds residents that alcohol should be avoided by these groups:
• Children and adolescents.
• Individuals of any age who cannot limit their drinking to a low level.
• Women who may become pregnant or who are pregnant.
• Individuals who plan to drive, operate machinery, or take part in other activities that require attention, skill, or coordination.
• Individuals taking prescription or over-the-counter medications that can interact with alcohol.
• Individuals with certain medical conditions.
• Persons recovering from alcoholism.
For more information on the DuPage County Health Department, follow us on Twitter @DuPageHD or become a fan on Facebook.