• Burglars broke into a 2004 Acura TSX sedan and a 2005 Toyota RAV4 in a restaurant lot, 955 W. Dundee Road, between 6:30 and 7:45 p.m. March 23 and stole a purse with wallet, cosmetics, designer sunglasses and designer watch, value estimated at $5,500, out of the Acura, and a purse with cosmetics and perfume, value estimated at $550, out of the Toyota.
Contact information ( * required )
• Fernando Cortez, 18, of the 100 block of West Jeffery Avenue, Wheeling, was arrested around 9:45 p.m. March 22 at Dominick's, 325 E. Palatine Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft. According to reports, Cortez and a male accomplice stole liquor valued at $93. Cortez was arrested after he purchased a soft drink while the accomplice pushed their shopping cart out of the store. The accomplice left it and ran when a security agent confronted him. Cortez's court date is April 29.
• Steven N. Salzman, 48, of the 0-100 block of North Dryden Avenue, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 3:15 p.m. March 21 at Mariano's Fresh Market, 802 E. Northwest Hwy., and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly took four bottles of liquor valued at $83 and hid them in his backpack. He dropped and broke two bottles when a security agent stopped him in the vestibule. A male accomplice fled on a bicycle. Salzman received a felony charge because he had been convicted of burglary twice, reports said.
• Tony Gilbert, 57, of the 1400 block of West Wicke Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 2:50 p.m. March 22 in his neighbor's backyard and charged with city ordinance battery after he reportedly walked into the yard while the new owners were talking with a real estate agent. He screamed at the agent, causing the new owner to confront Gilbert. Gilbert pushed the 36-year-old man, who then tackled Gilbert and held him on the ground until officers arrived, reports said.
• Victoria P. Grad, 19, of the 700 block of West Dempster Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 9 p.m. March 21 on the 800 block of South Elmhurst Road and charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana. According to reports, officers on patrol at the Wishing Well Plaza saw a woman get into Grad's car and then quickly exit and speed away in her own car. Suspecting a drug sale, the officers approached Grad's car and smelled marijuana. A pat down by a female Mount Prospect officer called to the scene found marijuana in Grad's bra. Her court date is April 4.
• Bassam B. Khan, 29, of the 1600 block of East Oakton Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:10 p.m. March 22 after a traffic stop on the 900 block of South Lee Street and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana and traffic violations. His court date is April 5.
•Wally Kulinczenko Jr., 20, of the 8800 block of Golf Road, Niles, was arrested around 11 p.m. March 18 after a traffic stop on the 2500 block of East Dempster Street and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is April 16.
• Nicholas J. Leon, 22, of the 0-100 block of East Fletcher Drive, Des Plaines, was arrested around 12:35 a.m. March 26 after a traffic stop on the 1500 block of East Algonquin Road and charged with a traffic violation and local ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is May 8.
• Thieves stole a rented silver 2013 Toyota Prius sedan out of a restaurant lot, 2179 Touhy Ave., after the female driver left it running to warm up around 11:10 p.m. March 21.
• Vandals shattered the entry door at Cook Financial, 70 E. Bradrock Drive, between 5:30 p.m. March 21 and 8:45 a.m. March 22, but apparently did not get inside. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Vandals wrote gang graffiti at two homes on the 1700 block of South White Street between 5 p.m. March 21 and 5 p.m. March 22.
Elk Grove Village
• Thieves stole an empty 2004 Stoughton trailer out of a lot at 2416 Estes Ave. between March 14 and 18. Value was estimated at $15,000.
• Thieves stole a 1998 Wabash trailer out of a lot at 2779 Old Higgins Road between 10 a.m. March 16 and 7:30 a.m. March 18. Value was estimated at $10,000.
• Petar N. Arbov, 51, of the 900 block of Ridge Square, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 5:30 p.m. March 16 at 980 Elk Grove Town Center and charged with retail theft. His court date is April 16.
• Burglars stole work tools valued at $709 out of an unlocked 2010 GMC Savanna work van on the 600 block of Meacham Road between March 13 and 17.
• Thieves stole a digital analog converter valued at $4,000 between 1 and 6:15 p.m. March 20 after it was delivered to a home on the 100 block of East Hiawatha Trail at approximately 1 p.m. The owner was notified that the package was left on his front porch, but it was missing when he returned home at 6:15 p.m.
• Quincy J. Ramon, 18, of the 0-100 block of Susan Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 4:35 p.m. March 19 at Rand and Kensington roads and charged with traffic violations and possession of marijuana. His court date is April 22.
• Thieves cut and removed the catalytic converter from a 1998 Ford E3500 in a business lot at 1226 N. River Road between March 15 and 22. Loss was estimated at $450.
• Burglars stole a GPS, sunglass case, cellphone charger, and iPod charger out of an unlocked 2003 Volkswagen Jetta and $15 out of an unlocked 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix between 4 and 11 p.m. March 22 in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of West Victoria Drive. Loss to the Jetta was estimated at $155.
• During the period of March 14 through March 17, the Schaumburg Police Department conducted a St. Patrick's Day traffic enforcement campaign funded by grant money that resulted in the following citations: DUI, four; driving while license suspended, two; possession of cannabis, one; warrant arrest, one; speeding, 25; seat belt violations, 13; insurance violations, 14; and other moving and equipment violations, 27.