The West Chicago Lions Club is once again offering a scholarship program for the graduating class of 2013. The Club will award a $2,000 scholarship to a graduating senior to be used for post high school education in the area of human services including but not limited to teaching, social work, counseling and the medical professions.
All graduating seniors who reside within the 60185 zip code area, regardless of school attended are eligible to make application and will be judged on the basis of the following criteria:
1) High school grade point average
2) Participation in community and school activities
3) Intent to enroll in a post-high school education leading to employment in the human service area
4) An essay describing your accomplishments and why you have chosen your intended field
5) Strength of character as evidenced by two letters of recommendation
Application forms are available in the Community High School guidance office or may be downloaded from www.westchicagolions.org . A completed application with the essay, a list of school and community activities, two letters of recommendation and an official copy of the applicant's transcript are due no later than April 12, 2013. Address any questions and submit applications to Lori Chassee, 841 Lawrence, West Chicago, IL 60185, telephone: 630-231-8709. Incomplete applications will not be considered.