Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals smashed the rear passenger's-side window on a 2012 Jeep Patriot on the 3100 block of North Wilshire Lane between 6 p.m. Feb. 24 and 6 a.m. Feb. 25. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Burglars stole a purse valued at $150 out of an unlocked 2009 Dodge Journey and entered and ransacked a 2000 Cadillac Deville in an apartment lot on the 2600 block of North Windsor Drive between 11 p.m. Feb. 25 and 8:30 a.m. Feb. 26.
• Vandals shattered a rear sliding-glass door at a home on the 1600 block of South Surrey Ridge Drive between 6:10 and 6:25 p.m. Feb. 25 but apparently did not enter the home.
• Thieves stole 15 tube steel mortar board stands valued at $630 from a construction site at Napleton Auto Dealership, 1155 W. Dundee Road, between Feb. 14 and 26.
• Thieves stole an iPad valued at $400 from under a work desk at Illinois Department of Human Resources, 715 W. Algonquin Road, Suite A, between 5 p.m. Feb. 25 and 8:25 a.m. Feb. 26.
• Brycen P. Doby, 22, of the 2100 block of Ash Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:25 p.m. Feb. 25 during a traffic stop on the 1400 block of Thacker Street and charged with city ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. His court date is March 19.
• John R. Bahamon, 29, of the 4700 block of Kenilworth Drive, Rolling Meadows, and Kyle R. Kopecky, 29, of the 1700 block of Birch Street, Des Plaines, were arrested around 5:50 p.m. Feb. 24 on the 1800 block of East Howard Avenue during a traffic stop. Bahamon was charged with possession of marijuana and unlawful use of a weapon (brass knuckles in his pocket); Kopecky was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and speeding. Their court date is March 20.
• Kyle A. Hansen, 21, of the 900 block of Arnold Court, Des Plaines, was arrested around 11:45 p.m. Feb. 27 during a traffic stop on the 900 block of Clark Avenue and charged with city ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Burglars broke a window, pulled up the window sash, and removed two window screens at a home on the 900 block of Alfini Drive between 3 and 7:40 p.m. Feb. 25 but apparently did not enter the home. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Thieves stole a men's brown bicycle with big tires and big padded seat on the 1500 block of Market Street between 8 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Feb. 26. Value was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a mailbox, mounted on a Christmas tree stand and wired to a computer table, from the east edge of the driveway at a home on the 300 block of South Wolf Road between 6 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Feb. 26. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole a 30-foot section of one copper downspout and a 10-foot section from a second copper downspout at Christ Church, 1492 E. Henry Ave., between 9 p.m. Feb 20 and 9 a.m. Feb. 22. Value was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a cellphone from a female employee in a warehouse at 1600 Birchwood Ave. between 11 a.m. and noon Feb. 22. Value was estimated at $400.
• Mark A. Mir, 18, of the 400 block of South Nawata Avenue, Mount Prospect, and Christian Gomez, 22, of the 600 block of West Weathersfield, Schaumburg, were arrested around 6:45 p.m. Feb. 25 during a traffic stop on the 1000 block of Pendleton Place. Mir was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (glass pipe) and Gomez was charged with possession of marijuana (1.5 grams).
• A vandal used a 15-pound dumbbell to smash the rear windshield on a 2003 Lincoln Navigator in an apartment lot on the 1400 block of Brownstone Court between midnight and 1 a.m. Feb. 23. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole a woman's cellphone valued at $600 after she dropped it in Randhurst Village, Rand and Elmhurst roads, around 3:30 p.m. Feb. 24.
• A 68-year-old Mount Prospect man is the third resident to report a fraudulent contract with a snow removal company after he responded to an ad. He paid a representative $235 Nov. 27. As of Feb. 22, no one from the company has plowed his driveway. Two other residents responded to the same newspaper ad in November, and they have not seen a snowplow at their homes, either.
• Vandals used blue and black paint to spray gang graffiti on three cars, the side of an apartment building, the fence around a garbage container, and on city-owned water pump boxes on the 500 block of Love Drive between 11:50 p.m. Feb. 20 and 2 a.m. Feb. 21.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Lincoln MKX on the 300 block of West Marion Street and stole a purse between 7:30 and 11:12 p.m. Feb. 24.
• Burglars stole a binder with several music CDs out of an unlocked 1998 Chevrolet minivan on the 100 block of Arbor Court between 11 a.m. Feb. 22 and 7:25 a.m. Feb. 23.
• Thieves stole four tires and wheels from a 2002 Nissan sedan in a condominium lot on the 500 block of McHenry Road between 10 a.m. Feb. 20 and 4 p.m. Feb. 21. Value was estimated at $700.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close