The Des Plaines Camera Club offers members the opportunity to enter images into competition in both print and electronic formats. Between September and May, Image of the Month awards, Print of the Month, as well as Awards and Honorable Mentions, are presented for both formats. The first competition of the winter season occurred on Jan. 28.
Competition winners are:
• Print of the Month, February: Sharon Peterson for "Necklace."
• DPI (Digital Image) of the Month, February: Bill Bishoff for "Fire and Ice."
• Print of the Month, March: Jerry Hug for "The Gunner's Seat."
• DPI (Digital Image) of the Month, March: Stan Kotecki for "Farm House UP."
In addition, Awards went to: Marie Rakoczy for "Quebec Mill" and "Rocky Mountain Autumn"; Bill Bishop for "Sunrise Reflections"; and Joe Tarlos for "Masai Mara-Kenya."
Honorable Mentions went to: Sue Lindell for "Parrott" and Theresa Hart for "The Mausoleum."
You can see these, as well as other photos, under Galleries, Competition, January 2013 on the Des Plaines Camera Club website at www.desplainescameraclub.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DesPlainesCameraClub.
Whatever level of interest in photography you have, all are cordially invited to attend a meeting. The Des Plaines Camera Club meets on the second and fourth Monday of each month September through May. Meetings are at 7 p.m., in the Des Plaines Park District Arndt Field House, 1990 White St. Watch for announcements of special programs that will be coming up. For question, contact Tom Mulick, president, at email@example.com or (847) 894-5112.
• Send Your news to firstname.lastname@example.org.