Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Donnell Bowles, 18, of the 300 block of Eastern Avenue, Barrington, was arrested Feb. 11 at Barrington High School, 616 W. Main St., and charged with disorderly conduct and being under the influence of drugs in public. His court date is March 27.
• Manuel Riaz, 57, of the 4400 block of Grove Avenue, Stickney, ws arrested Feb. 7 at 150 W. Main St. and charged with theft. His court date is Feb. 28.
• Otis C. Brown, 48, of the 8900 block of South Constance Street, Chicago, and Mellie M. Weekly, 47, and Catrell L. Weekly, 45, both of the 5400 block of South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, were arrested Feb. 8 at 105 E. Main St. and charged with attempted retail theft. Their court date is March 22.
• Kathryn B. Skopec, 25, of the 2000 block of Silverstone Drive, Carpentersville, was arrested Feb. 9 at Route 14 and Willow Road and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, DUI and traffic violations. Her court date is Feb. 23.
• Kunal K. Vashi, 27, of the 400 block of West Mahogany Court, Palatine, was arrested Feb. 9 on the 800 block of South Northwest Highway and charged with possession of a controlled substance, driving on a suspended license, no insurance and a traffic violation.
• Jan M. Veloso, 31, of the 1000 block of Oakland Drive, Barrington, was arrested Feb. 10 at Barrington Road and Route 68 and charged with possession of marijuana. A court date is March 14.
• Thieves stole a snowblower on the 700 block of West Main Street Feb. 13.
• Thieves stole 26 spare tires from vehicles at Wickstrom Ford, 600 W. Northwest Hwy., around Jan. 30.
• Vandals scratched a vehicle in a store lot at 150 W. Main St., Feb. 13.
•Vandals shattered the front door and large front picture window at Buschauer Designer Photography, 728 S. Northwest Hwy., Feb. 13 and shattered and scratched a window on a car in the lot.
• Burglars stole electronics out of an unlocked home on the 100 block of Waverly Road Feb. 5.
• Vandals smashed the rear windshield on a car on the 1400 block of Brandywyn Lane between 1 and 6 a.m. Feb. 24.
• Thieves stole a vehicle left unlocked with the engine running on the 2400 block of Palazzo for 45 minutes around 9 a.m. Feb. 18.
• Anthony M. Kirby, 25, of the 200 block of Washington Square, Elk Grove Village, was arrested around 9:25 p.m. Feb. 14 on the 1000 block of Cypress Lane and charged with aggravated assault, and obstructing a peace officer. His court date is March 7.
• Thieves cut the connections and stole the air conditioner at Image Systems and Business Solutions, 1776 Commerce Drive, between Feb. 15 and 18. Value was estimated at $3,500.
• Thieves stole a 1997 Honda Civic from a parking lot at 520 Biesterfield Road between Feb. 20 and 21. Value was estimated at $9,000.
• Thieves stole a large amount of copper wiring out of a building at 2500 Brickvale Drive between Feb. 1 and 27, Value was estimated at $11,000.
• Burglars stole a purse containing a cellphone and medications out of an unlocked 1994 Subaru Impreza in a store lot at 565 Landmeier Road around 11:40 a.m. Feb. 20. Value was estimated at $500.
• Kathleen A. McArthur, 21, of the 2900 block of Brookview Lane, Palatine, was arrested around 2:05 a.m. Feb. 16 at Northwest Highway and Colfax and charged with illegal transportation of alcohol, DUI and traffic violations.
• Thieves stole a bicycle locked to the bike rack at the Metra depot, 137 W. Wood St., between Feb. 12 and 14. Value was estimated at $100.
• Thieves stole four mailboxes from the 0-100 block of West Michigan Avenue and 900 block of Hillside and Glencoe between 9 and 10 p.m. Feb. 17.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer valued at $750 out of an unlocked storage closet in a common hallway at Mac's on Slade, 117 W. Slade St., between 6 and 11 p.m. Feb. 16.
• Burglars pried a storm door and pulled a security light from the socket at a home on the 100 block of North Boynton Drive between Feb. 11 and 13, but did not get inside.
• Guadalupe Bravo, 57, of the 0-100 block of North Victoria Lane, Streamwood, was arrested at her apartment and charged with village ordinance disorderly conduct after she reportedly went to her upstairs neighbor to complain that the neighbor's guest rang Bravo's doorbell by accident. She demanded that the guest go back downstairs and ring her friend's doorbell. Then Bravo reportedly threw or spit food into the neighbor's apartment. Her court date is March 5.
• Burglars cut the lock on a storage unit at Public Storage, 1550 Old Church Road, between Feb. 6 and 13 and stole a men's silver and red mountain bike, two generators, a smoker grill, 10 folding chairs and an old computer.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close