Reminder on political campaign sign regulations
LOMBARD, Illinois-- With the upcoming election on April 9 approaching, the Village of Lombard would like to inform residents, businesses, property owners and those involved in political campaigns, of the regulation guidelines pertaining to political campaign signs.
• For most residential properties, the overall sign size may not exceed nine square feet in area. There is no restriction to the number of signs allowed.
• For commercial properties and residential properties exceeding one acre, signs cannot exceed 32 square feet in area; however, if a sign is greater than 16 square feet in area on those properties, a no-fee permit is required from the Village. The required permit, which will be issued over the counter, will ensure that the signs are properly located and are not within a clear line of sight area. Village Code also states that no more than one political campaign sign of greater than 16 square feet is permitted per street frontage on these properties. There are no restrictions as to the number of political campaign signs 16 square feet or less in area on these properties.
• Political campaign signage placed on private property should have the consent of the property owner.
• Political campaign signage more than two feet in height shall not be located within the clear line of sight areas at driveways or street intersections.
• Political campaign signs cannot be located within the parkways or public rights-of-way. To help keep Lombard looking its best, the Village encourages the removal of signs after the election.
Political campaign signs displayed on commercial properties must be removed by April 19.
For additional information regarding code provisions, please contact the Community Development Department at (630) 620-5746.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close