• A man reported being attacked by two unknown men at about 3:15 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Symphony Way, police said. The victim said the attackers made derogatory comments about Puerto Ricans. The victim was bleeding from the temple and mouth but refused medical attention.
• A door was pried open and several pieces of equipment, including tools and boat parts, were taken sometime between 1 p.m. Sunday and 8 a.m. Monday from a business in the 300 block of Willard Avenue, police said.
• Someone entered a residence on Mark Avenue sometime between 1 and 8 a.m. Friday and took $520 in cash from a purse containing about $8,000, police said. A window was found open, and its window screen was bent. The victim said she suspected a relative.
• An unknown male tried to steal a purse at about 1 p.m. Feb. 4 from a woman who was about to enter a business in the 1000 block of Summit Street, police said. The victim held onto the purse and was dragged about 12 feet before the man let go and took off running. The victim couldn't provide a description of the man.
• Jorjeana Davidson, 39, and Giovanna Mazzeri, 18, both of the 400 block of State Street, Belvidere were each charged in a misdemeanor retail theft case that police say occurred Feb. 3 at Carson Pirie Scott at Spring Hill Mall. Police said the pair took women's clothing.