Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• A Bartlett woman received a phone call Jan. 31 from someone pretending to be a "federal agent," telling her she had made an illegal online purchase and owed a fine of $1,900. She wired the money to an unknown subject in the Dominican Republic. The FDA advised her that the call was a scam.
• A Bartlett woman purchased prescription medications online through what she believed was a legitimate company. She received a phone call Jan. 30 requesting she pay a $2,000 fine. The woman researched the phone number and believes the request was a fraud.
• A resident received a voice-mail message Jan. 31 from an unknown subject claiming to be a law enforcement officer. It was a scam, police said.
• Elio Marco Vento Jr., 19, of Whispering Trail Road, St. Charles, was arrested around 6:45 p.m. Jan. 28 and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is March 7.
• Thieves stole several items valued at $2,410 out of a bedroom, possibly during a party Jan. 25 at a home on Polo Drive.
• Burglars stole a wallet valued at $50 out of an unlocked vehicle on Voyager Drive Jan. 28.
• Thieves stole the American flag valued at $100 from a flagpole at Eastview Middle School on Oak Street Jan. 28.
• Joseph J. Majdan, 59, of the 100 block of State, Elgin, was arrested around 2:10 p.m. Jan. 31 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Leonel A. Magana, 45, of the 700 block of Haywood, Streamwood, was arrested around 5 p.m. Jan. 31 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Assad S. Ahmed, 28, of the 8200 block of Kensington, Hanover Park, was arrested around 9:05 p.m. Jan. 31 at Kensington and Weathersfield and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Francisco Salgado, 18, of the 1900 block of Elm, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:35 p.m. Jan. 29 at Barrington and Laurel and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Luis F. Morales, 25, of the 900 block of Whitebridge, Hanover Park, was arrested around 2 p.m. Jan. 28 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Daniel J. Ball, 18, of the 600 block of Jackson, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6:25 p.m. Jan. 27 at his home and charged with possession of a controlled substance.
• Justin A. Borgersen, 20, of the 800 block of Vassar, Schaumburg, and Hasan C. Dervisevic, 20, of the 7400 block of Churchill, Hanover Park, were arrested around 7 p.m. Jan. 26 on the 7400 block of Churchill and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.
• Myckial Perry, 23, of the 1600 block of McKool, Streamwood, was arrested around 9:15 p.m. Jan. 26 at Bristol and Kingsbury and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana.
• Kevin L. McClain, 54, of the 600 block of Pleasant Place, Streamwood, was arrested around 7 p.m. Jan. 25 on the 1500 block of North Barrington Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, DUI, and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident. His court date is March 1.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Ford Econoline van at a home on the 1700 block of Queensbury Circle around 3:35 a.m. Jan. 30, removed the satellite radio (dropped it on the ground) and stole a GPS unit valued at $200.
• Pamela S. Chambers, 56, of the 1500 block of Colwyn, Schaumburg, was arrested around 12:35 p.m. Jan. 27 at Kohl's, 171 N. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took clothes and bath accessories.
• Jose Alfredo Jimenez Maldonado, 31, of the 2000 block of West Algonquin Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 10:30 a.m. Jan. 26 at shop and Save, 830 W. Golf Road, and charged with theft.
• Melissa Mercedes Salgado, 18, of the 200 block of Fletcher Drive, Wheeling, was arrested around 2 p.m. Jan. 18 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took three pairs of jeans. Her court date is March 6.
• Loukas Peter Bouzas, 19, of the 200 block of Williams, Schaumburg, was arrested around 4:25 p.m. Jan. 22 at Dominick's, 200 S. Roselle Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took beverages.
• Teresa Hernandez, 41, of the 7100 block of West Devon Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 1:35 p.m. Jan. 22 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took clothes. Her court date is March 6.
• David A. Hernandez, 45, of the 500 block of Dempster Street, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 11:15 a.m. Jan. 21 at Nordstrom Rack, 1520 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took shoes. His court date is March 7.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close