Suburban bars and restaurants ready to score with Super Bowl specials
Don't want to deal with the hassle of shopping for or cleaning up after a Super Bowl party this year? Tired of fighting for wings and a space on the couch at your friends' place? Well, you can watch the big East Coast vs. West Coast showdown Sunday from the comfort of a sports bar. These suburban spots are working to pull you in with packages that will keep you in beer and food all game long. Plus, some offer giveaways — everything from hats to grills to sports tickets.
Here's a sampling of some of your options:
• America's Bar & Grill, 2308 W. Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, (847) 882-8600, americasbarchicago.com: Play squares and you could win cash prizes at this bash, which includes a free half-time buffet, $2.50 well cocktails and bloody marys, $4 domestic mini-pitchers and $10 domestic buckets.
• Arena Sports Grille, 630 W. Lake St., Elmhurst, (630) 832-3742, arenasportsgrille.com: Get 20 wings for $15 and $13.50 Coors Light buckets while catching all the plays on 60 TVs. The bar also holds raffles and giveaways throughout the game.
• Benningan's, 495 Airport Road, Elgin, (847) 488-9900, benniganselgin.webs.com: Wear a jersey and you'll get 10 percent off your check, but no matter how you're dressed you can take advantage of giveaways and a free half-time buffet.
• Bottoms Up Sports Bar & Grill, 1807 S. Washington St., Naperville, (630) 364-2070, bottomsupnaperville.com: A raffle awards a Michelob Ultra bicycle and a grill. You can also enjoy 65-cent jumbo wings, $3 Bud Light pints and $4.50 bloody marys.
• Bulldog Ale House, 1021 Fountain View Drive, Carol Stream, (630) 690-0333, bulldogalehouse.com: The bar raffles off a bicycle, a Webber grill and other prizes and offers 39-cent boneless wings and $4 32-ounce domestic drafts.
• Caps Sports Bar & Grill, 347 W. St. Charles Road, Villa Park, (630) 279-0005: Take advantage of a free-halftime buffet, a raffle, $2 pints, $3 bottles, $4 premium bottles and $13 buckets.
• Chelios Pub & Grill, 2150 Ogden Ave., Aurora, (630) 585-7650, cheliosbarandgrill.com: Festivities include a free halftime buffet, jersey raffles, $4.50 Blue Moon and Guinness pints, $3.50 bloody marys and $15 domestic buckets.
• The Chubby Bullfrog Bar & Grill, 1959 Huntley Road, West Dundee, (224) 699-9432, thechubbybullfrog.com: You could win Bulls tickets and Chubby Bullfrog merchandise from giveaways. A free halftime buffet includes boneless wings, mac and cheese wedges, mozzarella sticks, spaghetti, jalapeño poppers and chili. Enjoy it with $2.50 Miller Lite drafts, $2 PBR and Hamms tallboy cans and $3.50 well cocktails.
• The Filling Station Pub & Grill, 300 W. Main St., St. Charles, (630) 584-4414, filling-station.com: Order up some half-price appetizers and $3 Bud Light pints.
• Finn McCool's, 1941 E. Algonquin Road, Schaumburg, (847) 303-5100: Play squares and Super Bowl trivia for the chance to win Bears jerseys while drinking $3 Miller Lite 22-ounce drafts, $4 Miller Lite aluminum pints and $5 Absolut bloody marys.
• Five Roses Pub, 5509 Park Place, Rosemont, (847) 233-0077, fiverosespub.com: Prize giveaways include hats, shirts, a guitar and — for the winner of a halftime wing-eating contest — two tickets to the Chicago Bears' home opener. Specials include $10 domestic beer buckets and $8 beers-and-burgers and tailgate platters for groups of up to six.
• J&D's Bar & Grill, 26400 N. Rand Road, Wauconda, (847) 526-2112, jandds.com: For a $5 cover you'll get $1 you-call-its and the entire menu for $5.
• John Barleycorn, 1100 American Lane, Schaumburg, (847) 619-5540, johnbarleycorn.com: A $40 package includes domestic beers, house wine, well cocktails and a buffet of burgers, wings, brats, chili and desserts. You can upgrade to call drinks for an additional $10.
• Kings Lanes, Lounge & Sports, 5505 Park Place, Rosemont, (847) 233-0099, kingsbowlamerica.com/rosemont: Bowl while you watch the bowl. The party includes contests, specials on food and beer buckets and group packages.
• Midcity Cocktail & Supper Club, 124 Main St., West Chicago, (630) 473-0245, midcitysupperclub.com: Graze on a free buffet of sliders, homemade potato chips, chili and wings while drinking $2 domestic bottles and $3.50 you-call-its.
• Park Tavern, 5433 Park Place, Rosemont, (847) 349-5151, parktavernrosemont.com: Nibble on $14 endless chicken wings and wash them down with $10 Coors Light and Miller Lite buckets. A special Super Bowl Party Platter menu includes chicken wings, pulled pork sliders and chopped brisket sliders.
• Q Sports Bar & Grill, 8109 S. Cass Ave., Darien, (630) 241-0970, q-barandgrill.com: $30 gets you an open bar and appetizer buffet from 5 p.m. until the end of the game, or you can just order what you want like 50-cent wings, $4 bloody marys and $2 Miller Lite and Coors Light pints.
• Real Time Sports Bar, 1120 W. Devon Ave., Elk Grove Village, (847) 534-5000, realtimesportsbar.com: $35 gets you drinks, a buffet and the chance to win prizes every quarter including a Miller Lite refrigerator.
• Rookies All American Pub & Grill, 1545 W. Main St., St. Charles, (630) 513-0681, rookiespub.com: A $50 package starting at 5 p.m. includes beer, well drinks, wine, free appetizers during the first quarter like wings, chicken fingers and mini-tacos and a 12-ounce rib eye steak and fried shrimp dinner with baked potato and fries. The price is $15 for kids under age 18. The package is also available at the bar's Elgin and Hoffman Estates locations.
• Shoeless Joes Ale House & Grille, 10290 W. Higgins Road, Rosemont, (847) 296-5760, shoelessjoesrosemont.com: You'll have two chances to win a two-for-one trip to Las Vegas, plus other prizes, at this bash featuring a free half-time buffet and $3 Miller Lite pints.
• Sideouts Bar & Eatery, 4018 Roberts Road, Island Lake, (847) 526-7174, sideouts.com: For $10, or $5 for ladies, you'll get a reserved seat to watch the game on the bar's 14-foot HDTV plus a buffet of wings, fried pickles, lasagna, Italian beef and more. Drink specials include $2.50 Bud family bottles and $4 Captain Morgan and 3 Olives cocktails.
• Spectator Sports Bar & Grill, 552 N. Gary Ave., Carol Stream, (630) 665-0009: Why wait until halftime when you can get a free buffet throughout the game with Italian sausage and beef, plus $2 domestic drafts and $2.50 bottles.
• Tailgaters Sports Bar & Grill, 431 W. Boughton Road, Bolingbrook, (630) 679-1994, tailgatersgrill.com: Watch the game on more than 40 TVs with a $35 package ($38 the day of) getting you Budweiser and Miller drafts and a buffet of pasta, wings and pizza.
• Wickets Bar and Grill, 601 N. Martingale Road, Schaumburg, (847) 619-1400, wicketsbarandgrill.com: Watch the game on nine HDTVs while taking advantage of drink specials including $3 Corona and Corona Light bottles, 50 cent wings, 60 cent chicken strips, $1.50 Chicago-style hot dogs and $2.50 slider trios.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close