• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Thieves stole a purse in a store lot at 1455 Lake-Cook Road around 9 a.m. Jan. 20 after the female owner left it in a shopping cart. Value was estimated at $120.
• Burglars kicked open a garage door at a home on the 1800 block of East Stewart Avenue between 5:15 and 7:20 p.m. Jan. 20 and stole 37 new hand-held vacuums, a receiver, and blue heater fan. A business owner had stored the items in his mother's garage. Value was estimated at $12,231.
• Jozef Golas, 66, of the 100 block of Roxbury Lane, Des Plaines, was arrested around 4:30 p.m. Jan. 18 at his home and charged with disorderly conduct. Police reports said he pounded on the window of a woman's car, parked legally in front of his house while the driver waited for her son to get out of school, and threatened if she parked there again, he would "slash all of your tires. I pay taxes, you can't park in front of my house." His court date is Feb. 13.
• Antonio Gomez, 25, of the 500 block of West Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 2 a.m. Jan. 23 on the 2000 block of South Pine Street and charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor; his court date is Feb. 13. A 16-year-old boy was arrested and charged with local ordinance consumption of alcohol by a minor and his court date is Feb. 11.
• Maria Tkaczyk, 60, of the 300 block of West Hawthorne Circle, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 9 p.m. Jan. 17 at Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took items valued at $58. Her court date is Feb. 13.
• Mabell Buso, 20, and Loreal Q. Serrano, 31, both of the 1200 block of Boxwood Drive, Mount Prospect, were arrested around 6:15 p.m. Jan. 20 at Jewel-Osco, 819 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft after an officer in the parking lot saw them with a shopping cart full of perishable merchandise that was not bagged. They were arrested when they could not produce a receipt. Value was estimated at $379. Their court date is Feb. 14.
• Burglars entered a condominium, through an unlocked patio door, on the 900 block of South River Road between 7:20 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Jan. 17 and stole gold rings and earrings. Value was estimated at $1,100.
• Burglars stole a briefcase containing an iPod, miscellaneous files, and gold pen out of an unlocked 2002 Chevrolet Suburban on the 100 block of Stratford Road between 7 p.m. Jan. 19 and 4:15 p.m. Jan. 20. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars stole two GPS units, loose change and various homemade CDs out of an unlocked 2008 Chevrolet Suburban in a driveway on the 300 block of North Fourth Avenue between 11 a.m. Jan. 19 and 10 a.m. Jan. 20. Value was estimated at $210.
• A male burglar pried the front door at a condominium on the 1300 block of East Prairie Street around 1:40 p.m. Jan. 17 and stole gold chains, rings, watch and a diamond engagement ring. Value was estimated at $3,400. A security video showed the offender timed his approach to the building so he could enter with a guest of another resident.
• Thieves stole a self-igniting metal soldering torch near the back door at a home on the 2500 block of South Scott Street between 11 p.m. Jan. 19 and 9 a.m. Jan. 20. Value was estimated at $50.
• Jose M. Ramirez, 23, of the 1100 block of North Boxwood Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 1:20 a.m. Jan. 18 at Busse Road and Palm Drive and charged with traffic violations, illegal possession of alcoholic liquor and DUI. His court date is Feb. 7.
• Lisa A. Krzak, 33, of the 700 block of North Eastman, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 9:20 p.m. Jan. 11 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with felony retail theft after she reportedly took sterling silver jewelry and a Star Wars voice changer; value was estimated at $1,197. Her court date is Feb. 15.
• Vandals smashed the rear driver's-side window on a 2006 Honda CR-V in a lot on the 600 block of West Central Road between 5 and 6:20 p.m. Jan. 17. Damage was estimated at $300.
• A burglar pulled a car into a store lot at 403 E. Euclid Ave. around 5:15 p.m. Jan. 17, opened the unlocked door on a 2006 Pontiac Torrent, grabbed a purse and drove away. Value was estimated at $107.
• Thieves stole a cellphone, driver's license and $60 out of a customer's wallet at House of Music and Entertainment, 1227 N. Rand Road, after she left it in a booth between 10 p.m. Jan. 19 and 2:30 a.m. Jan. 20. She tracked the phone to the 1100 block of Nichols in Palatine but could not find it.
• Vandals broke the glass on the front and rear exterior stairwell doors at an apartment building on the 800 block of Piper Lane between 8 p.m. Jan. 18 and 10 a.m. Jan. 19.
• Vandals wrote gang graffiti on a wall near Landings Cleaners, 1201 N. Elmhurst Road, between 7 p.m. Jan. 7 and 12:30 p.m. Jan. 8.
• Leonardo Haro, 21, of the 900 block of Woodland Drive, Wheeling, Luis Jose Marquez, 19, of the 200 block of Coach Road, Wheeling, Erik Emanuel Quintana, 19, of the 0-100 block of Cedar Drive, Wheeling, and Edgar Aguero, 19, of the 200 block of Everts Place, Highwood, were arrested around 5 a.m. Jan. 18 at Marquez's mobile home after a neighbor reported a disturbance. Haro was charged with local ordinance contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Marquez, Quintana, and Aguero were charged with local ordinance consumption of alcohol by a minor. Their court date is Feb. 14.
• A man in his 20s or 30s stole $260 from Panda Express, 300 E. Dundee Road, between 7:35 and 7:45 p.m. Jan. 15 by repeatedly asking for change for large bills.