Gandolfi assembles winning IHSBCA coaching clinic
The 2013 Illinois High School Baseball Coaches Association coaches clinic will be held Jan. 25-26 at the Westin Lombard Yorktown Center. It will feature World Series champion manager Tony LaRussa as well as a host of other outstanding speakers.
IHSBCA state clinic director Chuck Gandolfi has put together an outstanding lineup. It is open to anyone interested in learning about baseball from some of the finest clinicians in the country. Youth, Little League, travel coaches and high school coaches are all welcome. For mor information, visit the IHSBCA website: http://www.ihigh.com/ihsbca. To register for the clinic and/or hall of fame dinner, go to http://www.ihigh.com/ihsbca, then click on the membership link, print it and send the page with payment to Dave Kalal at York High School. His contact information is at the bottom of that page.
The itinerary is as follows:
Friday, Jan. 25:
• 3:30 p.m. registration and exhibitor booths open
• 5-5:45 p.m. Class 1A and 2A IHSA and summer state champions on "Game Philosophy or Practice Drills"
• 5:45- 6:15 p.m. Class 3A and 4A IHSA state champions on "Game Philosophy or Practice Drills"
• 6:15- 6:35 p.m. Game Changer: "Utilizing technology to improve your efficiency, player development and engagement of your fan base."
• 6:35-7:15 p.m. Steven Chudik, M.D. Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers: "Protecting your assets the shoulder and elbow: an orthopedic approach to injury prevention"
• 7:15-7:40 p.m. visit the exhibitors
• 7:40- 8:15 p.m. Rick O'Dette, St. Joseph University: Pitching 101: "Keeping It Simple, the St. Joe's Way"
• 8159 p.m. Perry Roth, University of Alabama-Birmingham: Dominate the Process: "Mental to Scimmage"
9 p.m. coaches social reception
Saturday, Jan. 26:
• 7 a.m. registration
• 8-8:45 a.m. Perry Roth, University of Alabama-Birmingham: "3 BP's to build team offense"
• 8:45-9:30 a.m. Jacob Goebbert, Houston Astros: "Outfield Play, Reads and Jumps"
• 9:30-9:40 a.m. e-connect
• 9:40-10 a.m. visit the exhibitors
• 10-10:45 a.m. Mike Dee, University of Illinois-Chicago: "Pitching From Practice to the Game"
• 10:45-11:30 a.m. Joe Griffin, California Angels strength and conditioning coach: "Effective and Efficient In-Season Strength Training Strategies for High School Baseball Players"
• 11:30-11:45 a.m. IHSBCA coaches awards
• 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. lunch, visit the exhibitors
• 1-1:45 p.m. Tony La Russa, Major League Baseball three-time World Series championship manager
• 1: 45-2:30 p.m. Bob Morgan, Indiana University: "Practice Organization" (excellent pregame and practice infield outfield drill)
• 2:30-3:15 p.m. Sean McDermott, University of Illinois-Chicago: "Individual Infield and Team Infield Defense"
• 3:15-4 p.m. Travis Kerber with Bo Schultz, Elite Baseball Training: "Velocity Enhancement Throwing Program"
• 4 p.m. IHSBCA announcements
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close