• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars broke a padlock, pulled down and broke ceiling tiles, and stole all the copper wiring valued at $50,000 out of a vacant building at 703-709 W. Algonquin Road between Dec. 20 and 26. According to reports, special machines would need to be used because of the wire length and weight.
• Thieves stole a gold cocktail ring with a 3-carat center diamond left in a tanning room at L.A. Tan, 4234 N. Arlington Heights Road, between 10:40 and 11:30 a.m. Dec. 20. Value was estimated at $32,000.
• The Christmas--New Year's Holiday Enforcement Campaign produced one DUI arrest, one arrest for possession of a controlled substance, two arrests for driving while license expired, 17 tickets for speeding violations and 13 miscellaneous traffic violations.
• Burglars stole a GPS, gift card and loose change out of an unlocked 2011 Toyota 4Runner in a driveway on the 1200 block of South Haddow between 9 and 10 p.m. Dec. 24. Value was estimated at $255.
•Vandals hurled a rock that shattered the front window on a vehicle on the 500 block of West Hackberry Street between 7 p.m. Dec. 24 and 12:05 a.m. Dec. 25. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Burglars broke into a 2002 Honda Civic in a lot on the 400 block of Happfield Drive between 8:30 p.m. Dec. 27 and 8 a.m. Dec. 28 and stole a mirror microphone valued at $150.
• Burglars stole credit/debit cards out of a purse in an unlocked 2011 Buick Enclave in a driveway on the 300 block of West Wing Street between 5 p.m. Dec. 26 and 9 a.m. Dec. 27.
•Thieves stole a pink male doll valued at $20 out of the nativity display in the front yard at a home on the 1000 block of East Valley between 5:45 and 9:30 a.m. Dec. 28. The baby Jesus was stolen several years ago.
• Thieves stole a showroom iPad valued at $750 at Verizon store, 375 E. Palatine Road, between noon and 6 p.m. Dec. 28.
• Thieves defeated the locked locker at XSport Fitness, 960 W. Dundee Road, between 11 and 11:40 p.m. Dec. 27 and stole a cellphone valued at $200.
• Burglars stole gift cards out of a purse and shopping bag in an apartment on the 1200 block of West Central Road between 5 p.m. Dec. 26 and 7 p.m. Dec. 27. Value was estimated at $150.
• Burglars forced open the basement door at a foreclosed home on the 1200 block of East Fremont between 8 a.m. Dec. 22 and 8 p.m. Dec. 24 and stole the washer, dryer, stove and some food items.
• Burglars forced open the service door on the attached garage at a home on the 1500 block of South Highland Avenue between 4:30 and 5:15 p.m. Dec. 26, entered the home and stole a gold coin, women's gold designer watch, amethyst earrings, several antique gold rings, 8-10 women's watches and family heirlooms.
• Burglars forced open a rear kitchen window, setting off an audible security alarm, at a home on the 1300 block of East Camelot around 6:30 p.m. Dec. 28. The offenders apparently fled when the alarm sounded because nothing appeared to be missing.
• Bartlett police conducted 54.5 additional hours of patrol on the holiday traffic enforcement campaign, producing two DUI arrests, three arrests for driving under the influence of drugs, one aggravated DUI and driving while license revoked arrest, and one arrest for driving while license suspended. Police also issued 11 seat belt violation citations, 13 speeding violation citations, seven citations for insurance violations, and approximately 23 citations for other traffic violations.
• Five customers at Cadillac Ranch, 1175 W. Lake St., were arrested around 3:35 a.m. Dec. 30 and charged with local ordinance fighting: Amber Erling, 27, of Meadow Lane, Streamwood; Laura F. Long, 28, of Coronado Court, Elgin; Monica C. Lopaz, 34, of Windsor Court, South Elgin; Nicole E. Williams, 29, of Stratford, Streamwood; and Stacy Young, 27, of Flagstone, Carpentersville. Their court date is Jan. 15.
• Sean Sitkiewicz, 18, of Route 31, South Elgin, was arrested around 12:55 a.m. Dec. 29 at Stearns Road and Powis and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, traffic violation, and DUI-drugs. His court date is Jan. 22.
• Jared J. Younglove, 22, of Barnhart Street, West Chicago, was arrested around 9:30 p.m. Dec. 29 at South Bartlett and Stearns roads and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, a traffic violation, and DUI-drugs. His court date is Jan. 22.
• Steven J. Fickensher, 45, of the 5300 block of West Winona, Chicago, was arrested around 7:55 p.m. Jan. 3 at Fairlane and Irving Park roads and charged with criminal trespass to motor vehicle.
• Michael L. White, 31, of the 1400 block of Sacramento, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6:15 p.m. Jan. 3 on the 6200 block of Gold and charged with battery and disorderly conduct.
• Kenneth R. Green, 38, of the 100 block of Tara, West Chicago, was arrested around 2:45 a.m. Jan. 1 on the 5500 block of Gable and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting/trespassing.
• A man scammed a cashier out of money at McDonald's, 7455 Barrington Road, by repeatedly asking for change around 7:30 p.m. Jan. 2.
• Burglars stole two amplifiers and a kicker box out of an unlocked vehicle on the 7500 block of Hearth around 1:25 p.m. Jan. 2.
• Vandals punctured or slashed tires on at least 12 vehicles Jan. 1 and 2 on the 7600, 7700, and 7800 blocks of Kensington, 8000, 8100 and 8200 blocks of Northway, 7300 block of Barrington, 1100 and 1200 blocks of Yorkshire, 8000 block of Carrolton, 1200 block of Bristol, and 7900 block of Sherwood.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and prescription medication out of a car in a driveway on the 5800 block of Chatsworth overnight Jan. 1-2.
• Andres V. Meza, 30, of the 300 block of North Lords Avenue, Carpentersville, was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Dec. 28 outside the emergency room entrance at St. Alexius Medical Center, 1550 N. Barrington Road, and charged with felony aggravated battery to a police officer after he punched an officer in the face, according to police reports. His aunt tried to get him into the emergency room and he refused, so officers were called. Meza tried to walk away while an officer interviewed him; the officer grabbed Meza's left arm and Meza punched the officer, reports said. A court date is Jan. 22.
• Clarence Lee Bush, 20, of the 200 block of Circle Avenue, Forest Park, was arrested around 2:10 a.m. Dec. 28 at Route 58 and Salem and charged with possession of open alcohol, DUI and a traffic violation. His court date is Jan. 17.
• Rikki L. Green, 23, of the 2400 block of Shatto Drive, Belgrade, Mont., was arrested around 10 p.m. Dec. 23 on the 1700 block of Chestnut Lane and charged with criminal trespass and resisting a peace officer. Green entered a garage at an ex-boyfriend's home, hid under a car and refused to leave, reports said. She struggled during the arrest, swore at the officers and tried to kick one of them, reports said. Her court date is Jan. 11.
•Juan Pablo Agullo, 32, of the 600 block of Bode Circle, Hoffman Estates, was arrested around 8:15 p.m. Dec. 20 at his home and charged with violation of the states's sex offender act after he reportedly failed to register as a sex offender with the Hoffman Estates department after he moved from Florida, where he was a convicted sex offender. His court date is Jan. 11.
• Burglars forced open the front door at a home on the 3700 block of Bordeaux Drive between Dec. 22 and 29, ransacked rooms and stole gold jewelry out of a spare bedroom. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Burglars broke into a 2004 BMW sedan in a business lot at 2350 Lakewood Blvd. between 5 and 9:45 p.m. Dec. 29 and stole a purse valued at $30.
• Fabius D. Billingsley, 41, of the 100 block of North Sangamon Street, Chicago, was arrested around 12:15 p.m. Dec. 23 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took three bottles of cologne. His court date is Jan. 24.
• Elzbieta K. Czubin, 53, of the 2600 block of Smith Street, Rolling Meadows, was arrested around 3 p.m. Dec. 26 at Sax 5th Avenue, 1430 E. Golf Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took four pairs of underwear and cosmetics. Her court date is Jan. 25.
• Wheeling police wrote 54 safety belt citations during the holiday traffic enforcement period.
Law enforcement agencies throughout the state participated in the effort to get unbuckled drivers off Illinois roadways.