• Ivan Ruiz, 20, of the 1100 block of Woodcliff Drive in South Elgin, was arrested at 7:20 p.m. Dec. 21 and charged with obstruction of justice and possession of a controlled substance (1.4 grams of cocaine) at Falcons Trail and McDonald Road, according to a sheriff's report. The report said Ruiz left and ran away from a car a deputy had stopped to investigate. The driver of the car, Jesus M. Meyer, 18, of the 1000 block of Mark Street in South Elgin, was also charged with obstruction of justice and possession of a controlled substance (. 2 grams of cocaine.)
Contact information ( * required )
• Jarrod M. Ragusir, 29, of the 500 block of Heritage Court in St. Charles, was charged with retail theft, according to a police report. Police say he switched price tags so that he could buy $34.95 items for $4.49.
• Danny Starks, 23, of the 600 block of View Street in Aurora, was charged with criminal trespass to land at 5:11 p.m. Dec. 27 on the 1100 block of East Wilson Street, according to a Batavia police report.
• Someone smeared feces and frosted cupcakes on the roof and hood of a vehicle in the 0-99 block of South Water Street, it was reported at 9:37 p.m. Dec. 27.
• A cellphone was stolen between 11 and 11:40 p.m. Dec. 26 at the Full Moon Bar and Grill, 113 S. Batavia Ave.