Northwest suburban police blotter
• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Jonathon M. Foston, 18, of Geneva Court, Bartlett, and William D. Neal, 19, of Oxford Street, Carol Stream, were arrested around 3:05 p.m. Dec. 18 on South Bartlett Road and charged with local ordinance contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Their court date is Jan. 15.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on a garage door on Grenache Court around 11 a.m. Dec. 18. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Frank Buszta, 55, of the 8700 block of 184th Avenue, Bristol, Wis., was arrested around 11 a.m. Dec. 20 at 7435 Barrington Road and charged with retail theft.
• Kevin Sokol, 36, of the 1300 block of North Hampton, Roselle, was arrested around 7:05 p.m. Dec. 20 at 1250 Lake St. and charged with local ordinance retail theft.
• Kirk Nelson, 52, of the 1800 block of McKool, Streamwood, was arrested around 2:50 p.m. Dec. 18 at 1625 Irving Park Road and charged with retail theft.
• Osvaldo L. Santamaria, 19, of the 1300 block of Court O, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11:40 p.m. Dec. 18 at his home and charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, aggravated assault, and domestic battery.
• Krunal D. Patel, 27, of the 1000 block of Parkview, Hanover Park, was arrested around 3:15 a.m. Dec. 15 on the 7600 block of Barrington Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and DUI.
• Daniel Banier, 20, of the 2100 block of Arbor Vitae Drive, Hanover Park, was arrested around 11:05 p.m. Dec. 15 at his home and charged with aggravated assault and criminal damage to motor vehicle.
• Erick Castillo, 36, of the 700 block of Jefferson, Elgin, was arrested around 12:45 a.m. Dec. 15 at Lake and Walnut streets and charged with aggravated DUI and aggravated possession of a controlled substance.
• Burglars stole the in-dash stereo out of a car on the 1700 block of Briarwood around 6:50 p.m. Dec. 20.
• Vandals wrote graffiti outside the men's restroom in the Metra depot, 1975 Lake St., around 9 a.m. Dec. 18.
• Burglars stole a stove and microwave oven out of a vacant rehabbed home on the 6900 block of Hemlock around 1 p.m. Dec. 17.
• Julian Zamora, 19, of the 3700 block of West Shakespeare, Chicago, was arrested around 10:50 p.m. Dec. 1 on the 1000 block of North Roselle Road and charged with resisting a peace officer and obstructing identification; he was also wanted on a probation violation warrant out of Cook County. He ran from officers, gave them a false name when caught, and struggled during the arrest, reports said. His court date is Dec. 28.
• Vandals shattered the front windshield and front passenger's-side window on a 2012 Toyota Camry in an apartment lot on the 2200 block of Hassell Road between 10 p.m. Dec. 14 and 1 p.m. Dec. 15.
• Burglars broke into a 1991 Ford maintenance truck and a semitrailer used for storage on farm land at Sutton Road at the I-90 tollway between Dec. 8 and 15 and stole several specialty tools. Value was estimated at $50,000.
• Thieves stole a 50-inch flat panel plasma TV out of the dining area at Poplar Creek Village, a senior living facility, 2250 W. Golf Road, between 9 p.m. Dec. 17 and 9 a.m. Dec. 18. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Ariel P. Price, 20, of the 5700 block of South Justine Street, Chicago, was arrested around 4:10 p.m. Dec. 5 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took a sweater. Her court date is Jan. 30.
• Mary Katherine Lopiparo, 43, of the 1400 block of Rachel Lane, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 10:25 p.m. Dec. 7 at J.C. Penney in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took two comforters. Her court date is Jan. 24.
• Tia D. Elmore, 27, of the 1700 block of Linden Avenue, Hanover Park, was arrested around 12:45 p.m. Dec. 2 at Babies R Us, 16 E. Golf Road, and charged with employee theft after she reportedly took money estimated under $300. Her court date is Jan. 25.
• Brea Lashea Blount, 20, of the 1800 block of North Goodwin Drive, Palatine, was arrested around 3:05 p.m. Dec. 7 at 11 Golf Center, Hoffman Estates, and charged with battery after she reportedly punched a female employee in the head several times inside McDonald's, 522 W. Golf Road around 3:55 p.m. Dec. 3. Blount left the restaurant and was later arrested. The victim and Blount apparently know each other, reports indicated. Her court date is Dec. 26.
• Christopher Ryan John, 30, whose last known address was on the 100 block of Valley Street, Keene, N.H., was arrested around 1 a.m. Dec. 7 at Hyatt Hotel, 1800 E. Golf Road, and charged with two counts of criminal damage to property after he reportedly slammed the sliding door on a taxicab, damaging the lock, and in the hotel lobby knocked over a light column, causing it to hit and knock over a second column, tearing fabric on the light. Damage was estimated at $250. His court date is Jan. 24.
• Alissa Hartman, 23, of the 3200 block of Oak Knoll Road, Carpentersville, was arrested around 3:25 p.m. Dec. 3 at the police department, 1000 W. Schaumburg Road, and charged with employee theft after she reportedly stole from Nordstrom in Woodfield Mall between Oct. 14 and Nov. 14. Her court date is Jan. 30.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close