• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals threw a grapefruit-sized, 15-pound landscape rock that smashed a driver's-side window on a 2003 Honda Civic at a home on the 400 block of Foxdale Lane around 12:10 a.m. Dec. 15. A neighbor saw two teenage boys hurl the rock and knock over a planter on his front lawn.
• Vandals have repeatedly cut strands of Christmas lights and a power line for a reindeer decoration outside a home on the 100 block of West White Oak Street between Oct. 22 and Dec. 16. The owner has had to replace 15 strands. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole nine framed photos of Fenway Park on a wall near an office at Nokia Siemens Network, 1501 Shure Drive, between 5 p.m. Nov. 29 and 5 p.m. Nov. 30 but reported Dec. 13. Value was estimated at $600.
• Thieves stole a men's black 26-inch bicycle locked to a pole behind a restaurant at 1863 W. Central Road between 3:50 and 9:30 p.m. Dec. 13. They left the seat locked to the pole and took the rest of the bike. Value was estimated at $160.
• Thieves stole a purse and wallet out of a shopping cart at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, around 12:15 p.m. Dec. 14 after the female shopper walked away for a few seconds. Value was estimated around $500.
• Thieves stole a 10-inch multicolored Chinese egg valued at $100 out of a backyard garden at a home on the 600 block of South Vail Avenue between 10 a.m. Dec. 14 and 8 a.m. Dec. 15. The offenders traded a nutcracker figure and Santa basket for the egg.
• Thieves stole three drills, flashlight, hacksaw and work jacket from a first-floor apartment patio on the 2100 block of South Tonne Road between noon and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 16. Value was estimated at $720.
• Jose Benavidez, 33, of the 1300 block of East Prospect Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 10 p.m. Dec. 12 outside Christ Church, 1492 Henry St., and charged with city ordinance drinking in public after an officer found him sleeping in the church's Christmas manger display. He had an open bottle of vodka in his jacket pocket.
• Edgar Daniel Lupian, 18, of the 800 block of East Oakton Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 3:25 p.m. Dec. 13 at Plainfield Elementary School, 1850 S. Plainfield Drive, and charged with city ordinance trespassing after an officer found him on school property; Lupian has been banned from the premises. His court date is Jan. 23.
• Aleksandar A. Georgiev, 26, of the 300 block of South Graceland Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 12:45 a.m. Dec. 15 at his home and charged with battery after he reportedly threatened a woman who was smoking a cigarette at a Mobil gas station, 2000 S. Mannheim Road, around 12:20 a.m. Dec. 15. He reportedly spit in her face because he thought she was smoking too near the gas pumps. The complainant gave officers Georgiev's license plate number and identified him after he was tracked to his home. His court date is Jan. 28.
• Bart Staar, 49, of the 1900 block of Chestnut Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 5 p.m. Dec. 15 at Kmart, 1155 Oakton St., and charged with petit theft after he reportedly took merchandise valued at $76, including grape juice and chips which he ate in the store. His court date is Jan. 23.
• David L. Kokaska, 56, of the 1300 block of East Jefferson Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 8:35 p.m. Dec. 17 outside his apartment building and charged with disorderly conduct after he reportedly yelled racial slurs at two girls, 14 and 18 years old, and followed them from a store to their apartment building in the same complex. His court date is Jan. 3.
• Vandals scratched gang graffiti onto a first floor entrance door at the library's parking garage, 1444 E. Prairie Ave., between midnight and 7 a.m. Dec. 14. Damage was estimated at $50.
• A male shoplifter, 17-23 years old, stole video games from Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., around 8 p.m. Dec. 14. He was seen on a security video taking an unknown number of games and fleeing through a rear fire door.
• Vandals used pink and black paint to spray gang graffiti on all sides of the field house in Arndt Park, 1560 E. Howard Ave., and on nearby electrical boxes between 10:30 p.m. Dec. 15 and 7 a.m. Dec. 16. Damage was estimated at $200. During the same time, vandals used pink and black paint to spray gang graffiti on garage doors at a laundry room in a mobile home park on the 800 block of East Oakton Street. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole four wooden signs and one metal sign belonging to the Optimist Club of Des Plaines and advertising their Christmas tree lot at Lake Park. The signs were taken from the four corners at Lee and Oakton streets and from the parkway at 1500 S. Lee St. between 5 p.m. Dec. 15 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 17. Value was estimated at $350.
• A male shoplifter, 18-24 years old, stole two bottles of cognac valued at $72 from Joey's Liquors, 1505 E. Oakton St., around 8:10 p.m. Dec. 17. He was described as 5 feet 8 inches tall, 190 pounds and wearing a white do-rag, black hooded sweatshirt, black sweatpants and had bluish tattoos on one or both wrists.
Elk Grove Village
• Anthony C. Lasaker, 37, and Cindy J. Piar, 41, both of the 900 block of Ridge Square, Elk Grove Village, were arrested around 6:30 p.m. Dec. 8 at their home and charged with disorderly conduct. Their court date is Jan. 10.
• Thieves stole two air conditioner units behind Music Education Services, 1041 Bonaventure Drive, between 9 p.m. Dec. 10 and 11 a.m. Dec. 11. Value was estimated at $6,000.
• Thieves stole the spare tire from a 2011 Nissan Pathfinder in a driveway on the 1800 block of Fox Run Drive around 8:30 a.m. Dec. 1. Value was estimated at $600.
• Vandals scratched both sides of a 2012 Hyundai Elantra on the 600 block of Perrie Drive between Dec. 8 and 10. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer in a business lot at 2285 E. Devon Ave. between 4:30 and 9:35 a.m. Dec. 11. Loss was estimated at $350.
• Burglars stole hand tools out of an unlocked 2007 Chevrolet Express work van on the 100 block of Gaylord Street between noon and 1 p.m. Dec. 12. Value was estimated at $1,275.
• Vera R. Joern, 19, of the 100 block of Drake Terrace, Prospect Heights, was arrested around 3:40 a.m. Dec. 11 at Maple Street and Central Road and charged with unlawful use of a weapon, DUI, expired registration and no insurance. An officer found a switchblade knife in her purse, reports said. Her court date is Jan. 14.
• Alexander L. Vaile, 20, of the 100 block of North Pine Street, Prospect Heights, was arrested around 1:20 a.m. Dec. 15 during a traffic stop at Cottonwood Lane and Cypress Drive and charged with village ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Feb. 1.
• Vandals broke off two spotlights and broke the glass on a third that illuminated entrance signs and flags at a condominium complex on the 700 block of Creekside Drive between 6 p.m. Dec. 12 and 9 a.m. Dec. 13. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• Vandals shot BB-gun pellets that shattered the front passenger's-side window on a 2001 Honda Accord at a home on the 400 block of North Maple Street between 10 p.m. Dec. 15 and 2:30 p.m. Dec. 16. Damage was estimated at $250.
• Vandals threw buckets of red and blue printing paint around the rear of a business at 1410 Yorkshire Drive between 7 p.m. Dec. 11 and 2:50 p.m. Dec. 12. According to reports, the business owner has received harassing phone calls for months. After the paint attack, the caller asked the business owner how he liked the blue paint job.