• A juvenile client of a youth residential program in Elgin was arrested Tuesday and charged with battery after a fight with anther client, who went to the emergency room seeking treatment for his injuries, police reports said. The juvenile was released into the custody of an employee of the residential program.
• Juan A. Lara, 21, of the 300 block of Belmont Street in Elgin, was arrested at about 1:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 0-100 block of Kimball Street and charged with possession of under 2.5 grams of cannabis, police reports said. Lara was stopped after police saw him change lanes without signaling. Police smelled an odor of cannabis and found the substance after searching the vehicle. Lara was released on his own recognizance and is next due in court Jan. 11 in Elgin.
• A man reported being robbed of his backpack at the intersection of South Grove Avenue and East Chicago Street by a group of males, one of whom struck him in the face on Nov. 29, police reports said.
• A 14-year-old reported being robbed of his backpack at about 4 p.m. Monday at North Gifford and Freemont streets by a group of people who punched him in the stomach and in the back, police reports said.
• A hoodie containing keys and a cellphone was taken sometime between 8 and 8:15 p.m. Tuesday from a gym in the 100 block of Symphony Way in Elgin, police reports said.
• A wrought iron bench and love seat were reported taken sometime between 9 a.m. Saturday and 4 p.m. Sunday from outside a home on Forest Drive, police reports said.
• Erica Leigh Wolny, 39, of the 3000 block of Marion Street, Elgin, was charged with driving under the influence, improper lane use and speeding after a traffic stop at 2:18 a.m. Friday in the 1600 block of West Main Street, according to a police report.