Breaking News Bar
updated: 12/13/2012 8:03 PM

Candle starts fire in St. Charles

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 

A knocked-over candle started a fire at a home on the 1900 block of Jeanette Avenue in St. Charles Thursday, authorities said.

St. Charles firefighters said they arrived on the scene at 3:25 p.m. and found a small fire at the top of the second floor staircase. The fire was out in five minutes, but the fire department remained on the scene until about 4 p.m. to complete salvage operations and conduct an investigation. The fire started when a candle was accidentally knocked over, according to the fire department. The home's occupant discovered the fire, exited safely and called 911. No one was injured.

The loss is estimated at $5,000, and the home remains habitable, firefighters said.

The Geneva and Batavia fire departments assisted St. Charles.

Share

Interested in reusing this article?

Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.

The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.

Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *

Message (optional)

Success - Reprint request sent Click to close
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here