Breaking News Bar
posted: 12/10/2012 11:15 AM

Four injured in carbon monoxide leak near Mundelein Sunday

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

Four people were injured following a carbon monoxide leak near Mundelein, authorities said Monday.

Officials from the Countryside Fire Protection District said a resident from the 19000 block of Hoag Court contacted the fire district about 11 a.m. Sunday complaining of carbon monoxide sickness.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Firefighters from Countryside and the Mundelein Fire Department went to the scene and treated the four occupants, then transported them with nonlife threatening injuries to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville.

A carbon monoxide leak was discovered in the furnace, authorities said. The home was further evaluated by the North Shore Gas Company.

Officials warn that carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas often found as a result of faulty appliances that utilize natural gas. People are urged to install and regularly check carbon monoxide detectors.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here