• Manish Mahi Islam, 19, of the 10916 block of Sawgrass Lane, was charged Friday with possession of marijuana, driving while license suspended, possession of a suspended driver's license, operation of an uninsured motor vehicle and failure to wear a seat belt, according to a police report. Islam posted bond and was released with a McHenry County court date of Dec. 28.
Contact information ( * required )
• A homeowner on the 12300 block of Scarlet Lane reported damage to outdoor Christmas lights on Saturday, police said.
• A 13-year-old Algonquin girl was charged with unlawful use of a credit card Nov. 28 after she stole her grandmother's credit card and used it to buy more than $500 in merchandise, police said. The grandmother told police about the theft, and the girl later turned herself in to police. She was later petitioned into juvenile court and released to her mother's custody, police said.
• A car stereo was stolen from an unlocked car in the 200 block of Tee Lane on Monday morning, police said.
• Several packages, valued at $300, were damaged by someone while they were in a mailbox on the 35W400 block of Maple Avenue near St. Charles between 1:30 and 2 p.m. Nov. 26, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone slashed two inflatable Christmas decorations in the 100 block of Birchwood Road near Carpentersville between 6:30 and 8:52 p.m. Thursday, causing an estimated $45 damage, according to a sheriff's report.
• A Magellan GPS unit, valued at $95, was stolen between 4 p.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday from a vehicle in the 100 block of Castlewood Drive near Carpentersville, according to a sheriff 's report.