• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Michael J. Dwyer, 46, of the 5900 block of North Ozanan, Chicago, was arrested around 3:20 p.m. Nov. 16 near Irving Park Road and Route 59 and charged with felony aggravated battery/great bodily harm after he reportedly choked a man who criticized him. Police reports gave this account: Dwyer dumped a load of dirt at Harris Bank on Irving Park Road. A woman in the teller lane drove around the Mack truck, angering Dwyer, who shouted at her. He drove the truck onto Irving Park Road in front of the woman's car, then used the truck to block the woman's way at Route 59. The woman's husband got out of the car, walked to the front of the truck to get the license plate number and company name. Dwyer then grabbed the husband, pushed him against the truck, put his hands on the man's throat, threatened to kill him, and choked him. He got into the truck and drove away, but was pulled over by police.
• Nicholas M. Lomma, 28, of the 1900 block of Prairie Square, Schaumburg, was arrested around 11:50 p.m. Nov. 16 at The Seville, 700 S. Barrington Road, and charged with battery after he reportedly punched a man in the face during an argument outside the banquet hall. His court date is Dec. 20.
• Edward Grizales, 39, of the 300 block of Brookhaven Trail, Hampshire, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. Nov. 17 in a restaurant lot, 7 W. Streamwood Blvd., and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance (cocaine), felony aggravated DUI (third citation), and vehicle registration expiration. According to reports, Grizales, leaving a parking space, hit and dented the front driver's-side door on a taxicab picking up passengers. Officers found a small packet of cocaine in his pants pocket and determined that he was intoxicated, reports said. A court date is Dec. 13.
• Jason L. Maes, 41, of the 1000 block of South Park Boulevard, Streamwood, was arrested around 8:25 a.m. Nov. 25 in a store lot at 913 E. Irving Park Road and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana.
• Courtney Ann Nicholas, 22, of the 1600 block of Hartmann Drive, Schaumburg, and Amada M. Meredith, 23, of the 400 block of Cahill Road, Streamwood, were arrested around 8:10 p.m. Nov. 23 on the 2100 block of East Irving Park Road and charged with possession of marijuana. Nicholas also was charged with speeding and her court date is Dec. 13. Meredith also was charged with possession of a controlled substance (prescription narcotic pills) and her court date is Dec. 18.
• Semy Green Ransom, 19, of the 1300 block of Richmond, Bartlett, was arrested around 9 p.m. Nov. 26 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took video game controllers valued at $150. His court date is Dec. 28.
• Burglars broke the side door lock to an attached garage at a home on the 100 block of Meredith Lane between 9 a.m. and 7:25 p.m. Nov. 25, entered the home and stole a video game console and two laptop computers.