• An elderly couple were the victim of a burglary at 1:45 p.m. Nov. 14 at their home on Dakota Drive, according to police reports. They invited into their home two men who said they bought the house next door. They suspect a third person entered through the front door while they were talking and stole $3,400 in cash from envelopes in the couple's second floor bedroom.
• John R. Zvara, 47, a homeless man who stays in Elgin, appeared in bond court Tuesday on charges of loitering in a public park as a sexual predator, according to police reports. In required weekly reports of his whereabouts to the police department, Zvara said he slept near Festival Park and Veterans Memorial Park in the past three weeks. Registered child sex offenders are not allowed to loiter within 500 feet of publicly maintained parks. Zvara is due in court Nov. 27 in St. Charles.
• Tevin J. Kyle, 21, of Elgin, was arrested and later charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana after being stopped by police just before 9 a.m. Saturday on West Chicago Street near Mallery Avenue, according to police reports. Kyle backed into the street in front of a bus, according to reports, and was cited with improper backing into a roadway. Police found a metal grinder for marijuana in the trunk of the car and .01 grams of the drug, reports said. Kyle was also cited with transportation of alcohol for an open beverage he said he did not drink.
• A basement window was broken in a burglary sometime between 3 and 3:45 p.m. Nov. 11 on the 500 block of Porter Street, according to police reports. Nothing appeared to be stolen but a box of watches had been looked through.
• An Elgin man paid $450 for a jukebox he found on Craigslist that was never delivered, according to police reports. The man sent a cashier's check to the Oklahoma seller Oct. 23 but filed a complaint with the police Nov. 12 after the seller stopped responding to calls.
• The wooden door frame of a home on the 600 block of Slade Avenue was broken in a burglary sometime between 4 and 7:45 p.m. Nov. 14, according to police reports. Nothing appeared to be stolen from inside the home.
• A laptop, two Xbox gaming consoles, an iPod Touch, two Nintendo DS gaming systems and approximately 25 watches were stolen sometime between 3 and 9 p.m. Friday on the 300 block of Heine Avenue, according to police reports. Three doors in the house were damaged from forced entry.