• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals smashed the rear window and dented the window molding on a 2005 Chevrolet Equinox in a driveway on the 3000 block of North Stratford between 12:15 and 7:30 a.m. Nov. 3.
• Thieves stole a black steel guitar from Guitar Center, 2375 S. Arlington Heights Road, between Aug. 1 and Nov. 2. Value was estimated at $900. Around a year ago, someone stole a similar guitar from the store.
• Burglars stole a cellphone valued at $500 out of a 2008 Mercedes-Benz SUV at Forest View Educational Center, 2121 S. Goebbert Road between 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Nov. 3.
• Two female shoplifters stole merchandise, including four boxes of diapers valued at $140, from Target, 1700 E. Rand Road, between 6:30 and 7:15 p.m. Nov. 3. A security tape recorded them. One offender pushed a shopping cart full of merchandise to a rear fire door. The second woman exited through a front door, drove her vehicle to the rear door, where the first shoplifter loaded the merchandise into the vehicle.
• Burglars stole a handicap placard, army knife, and vehicle registration out of an unlocked 1999 Chrysler Sebring in an apartment lot on the 2000 lock of North Rand Road between 8:30 p.m. Oct. 29 and 3:30 p.m. Oct. 30.
• Burglars stole the in-dash CD player, cellphone and charger, and car keys out of an unlocked 2007 Dodge Caravan in an apartment lot on the 0-100 block of East Dundee Quarter between 8 p.m. Nov. 1 and 8 a.m. Nov. 2.
•Burglars stole a digital camera and case out of an unlocked 2001 Toyota Avalon in an apartment lot on the 2000 block of North Rand Road between midnight and 8:16 a.m. Oct. 30. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars stole a desktop computer, monitor, yellow mountain bike, iPod and car stereo out of an unlocked multifamily garage on the 1100 block of East Azalea Lane between 6:30 and 10 p.m. Nov. 2. Value was estimated at $1,100.