New DH calendar
Article updated: 10/27/2012 5:55 PM

Heater catches fire at Glendale Heights factory

text size: AAA
By Daily Herald report

An overheated heater caught fire Saturday at a massive Glendale Heights factory, but it was quickly extinguished before any serious damage was caused, authorities said.

Glenside Fire Protection District officials said firefighters from several area departments responded to the 2:30 p.m. blaze at Titan Metals, 180 W. Lake Drive, because of the size of the building. The only damage was to the heater itself, fire officials said. They did not have an estimate on the cost of the damage.

Advertisement

About 40 firefighters from Glenside, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Bartlett, Addison, Hanover Park and Wheaton responded to the call.

No injuries were reported and personnel cleared the scene about an hour after the alarm was sounded, officials said.

Comments ()
We are now using Facebook comments to offer a more inclusive, social and constructive discussion. Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.

This article filed under

Latest Video

MostViewed

Today
Yesterday
Most Commented
Top Jobs

    View all Top Jobs Place a job ad

    MarketsReport

    DHExtras

       
    • Newspaper next section - Newspaper next section Report card checker - report card checker
    • Dh innovation award 2 - Dh innovation award 2 Zillow /real estate page
    • Discuss refer On Guard series
    • Newspaper archives -- Monday or anyday Mike North

    FacebookActivity

    BusinessDirectory

    Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:

    Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.