• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars entered six unlocked vehicles overnight Oct. 21. They removed two fishing rods valued at $100 each and a tackle box containing lures worth $100 from a black 2006 Chevy TrailBlazer in the 1100 block of North Beverly Lane; a Garmin GPS worth $150 from a BMW 330i in the 1100 block of North Hickory; a set of six work keys from a Chevy Tahoe in the 2300 block of East Miner; nothing from a gray 2012 Buick Lacrosse and $30 from a black 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix, both in the 600 block of South Kaspar; and a briefcase, iPod and computer accessories with a total value of about $600 from a blue 2001 Buick Park Avenue in the 700 block of South Kaspar.
• Vandals were seen puncturing a tire on a white 1996 Nissan Maxima in an apartment parking lot in the 0-100 block of South Dryden Place at 3:25 a.m. Oct. 22.
• Matthew M. Nolan, 28, of the 700 block of West Northwest Highway, Palatine, was arrested around 3:05 a.m. Oct. 19 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with city ordinance disorderly conduct when he reportedly picked up a chair inside the casino's Smoke Bar and other patrons were afraid he would throw it. He refused to leave and swore at officers during the arrest, police reports said. His court date is Nov. 15.
• Eduardo Avilez, 20, of the 1900 block of South Lee Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 9:10 a.m. Oct. 19 on the 600 block of South Westgate Road and charged with possession of marijuana. His court date is Dec. 5.
• Harmeet Singh, 18, of the 100 block of South Buffalo Grove Road, Buffalo Grove, was arrested around 2:25 p.m. Oct. 17 on the 200 block of South Elmhurst Road and charged with an obstructed windshield and city ordinance possession of drug paraphernalia (silver scale with marijuana residue). His court date is Nov. 15.
• Vincent G. Leelot, 29, of the 7500 block of South Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:20 a.m. Oct. 21 at Jewel-Osco, 819 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took over-the-counter pharmacy items valued at $119.
• Vandals put a long scratch from the front bumper to the rear bumper on the driver's side of a 1993 Lexus coupe and from the front passenger's-side bumper to the front passenger's-side door on a 2005 Cadillac Deville in the same residential lot on the 1300 block of Webford Avenue between 11 p.m. Oct. 17 and 10 a.m. Oct. 18. Damage was estimated at $2,500.
• Burglars stole a car stereo CD player valued at $150 out of an unlocked 1997 Chevrolet Blazer in a driveway on the 1000 block of South River Road between 6 p.m. Oct. 18 and 8 a.m. Oct. 19.
• Burglars entered a home on the 200 block of Good Court between 11 p.m. Oct. 20 and 3 a.m. Oct. 21 through an unlocked patio door and stole a cellphone, purse, cash, digital camera, keys, and laptop computer while the husband and wife were asleep. The cellphone was on a bedroom night stand, but the residents did not wake up and their dog apparently did not bark. Value was estimated at $1,300.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Toyota Camry on the 2300 block of Church Street between 1:15 and 1:58 p.m. Oct. 19 and stole a bank bag containing $6,000 out of the glove box. According to reports, the victim owns a local gas station and stopped to pray at his mosque; he planned to then drive to his bank.
• Burglars broke into a 1999 Chevrolet work van in a driveway on the 1700 block of Webster Lane between 8 p.m. Oct. 18 and 4 a.m. Oct. 19 and stole various tools valued at $3,000.
• Burglars stole a pager, money, and state tollway ID out of an unlocked 1993 Jeep Wrangler on the 1100 block of East Prairie Avenue between 6 p.m. Oct. 21 and 6:47 a.m. Oct. 22. Value was estimated at $62.
• Vandals used white paint to spray gang graffiti on two bike ramps at the Des Plaines Park District park, 515 E. Thacker St., between 6 p.m. Oct. 19 and 6 a.m. Oct. 22. Damage was estimated at $100.
• Burglars stole two hammer drills, drill bits, two cordless drills, two rechargeable batteries, and a tote bag out of an unlocked 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier in a driveway on the 0-100 block of South George Street between 6 p.m. Oct. 17 and 6 a.m. Oct. 18. Value was estimated at $1,130.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit valued at $200 out of a 2008 Ford van on the 200 block of South George Street around 10:55 a.m. Oct. 18.
• Vandals knocked down and damaged five mailboxes on the 1600 block of Oneida Lane and 1600 block of Oneida Court between 10 p.m. Oct. 19 and 2 a.m. Oct. 20. Damage was estimated at $750.