• An Aurora man was charged with felony retail theft at 2:02 p.m. Oct. 5. Robert W. Wilson, 53, of the 800 block of Birchwood Drive, is accused of stealing a pair of Nike Air Visi Pro II basketball shoes and a pair of Asics Matflex 3 wrestling shoes from Sports Authority, 1777 S. Randall Road, a report said. He was also charged with unlawful possession of a theft-detection device. Police said they found a cut security sensor and a pair of wire cutters in Wilson's clothing. A passenger in the car Wilson was driving was also arrested, the report said. Danessa A. Swafford, 43, of a hotel in the 100 block of South Tyler Road in St. Charles, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (a glass pipe and two pieces of wire mesh.)
Contact information ( * required )
• Carl R. Masters, 32, of the 200 block of Beatrice Avenue in St. Charles, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia (a pipe) and unlawful possession of cannabis (0.5 grams) at 5:33 a.m. Oct. 14 in a woodsy area in the 500 block of Union Street, a report said.
• Thomas R.B. Grimston, 21, of the 1400 block of Thoria Road in Batavia, received ordinance-violation tickets charging him with battery and public intoxication at 1:59 a.m. Oct. 13 in the 200 block of West State Street, a report said. He is accused of hitting a person in the back of the head with a partially-full beer bottle.
• Daniel J. Miller, 23, of the 600 block of Highbury Lane, Geneva, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of cannabis at 7:25 p.m. Oct. 11 in a parking lot in the 3700 block of Keslinger Road, a report said. Police said he had a ceramic pipe and 5.7 grams of cannabis.
• Arsanios A. Assad, 18, of the 600 block of Bluff Street in Carol Stream, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, a ceramic pipe, at 8:28 a.m. Oct. 11 in the 1500 block of East State Street, a report said.
• Someone riffled through mail delivered to the 35W600 block of Riverwoods Lane near St. Charles and stole a $25 gift card from a birthday card between noon Oct. 6 and 8:30 a.m. Oct. 9, according to a sheriff's report.
• A Comcast cable and phone box was ripped from the side of a building in the 1100 block of North Washington Avenue near Batavia between 5 p.m. Tuesday and 7 a.m. Wednesday, according to a sheriff's report.
• Someone threw a rock through a window of a residence in the 200 block of Deerpath Road near Carpentersville at about 10:17 a.m. Monday, causing $100 damage, according to a sheriff's report.
• Michael D. Ware, 55, of the 6N200 block of Hillside Drive, St. Charles, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence, DUI with a blood alcohol concentration of more than .08, and failure to reduce speed at 3:27 p.m. Friday at Silver Glen Road near Hastings Drive near Campton Hills, according to a sheriff's report. Ware crashed into a ditch, failed field sobriety tests and a breath test registered .192 percent blood alcohol content, more than twice the legal limit, the report said.