Breaking News Bar
updated: 10/16/2012 10:07 PM

No injuries in fire at Schaumburg retirement community

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

About 150 residents of Friendship Village in Schaumburg were displaced for a few hours late Tuesday afternoon after a small ceiling fire spread into an unoccupied apartment, authorities said.

The fire was reported about 4:30 p.m. in the C building of the retirement community at 350 W. Schaumburg Road and likely started as a result of workers soldering air conditioning units, according to Capt. Frank Chambers of the Schaumburg Fire Department.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The fire spread into the third-floor apartment but was extinguished about 20 minutes after emergency crews were called to the scene, Chambers said.

Residents were evacuated as a precaution, but they were able to return after fire officials deemed it safe.

Damage was contained to the attic and apartment, estimated at $5,000.

No injuries were reported.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.