• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Matthew S. Cwiklinski, 25, of the 300 block of Ford Lane, Bartlett, was arrested around 4:30 a.m. Oct. 10 at Route 59 and Park Place Drive and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Nov. 2.
• Jerry D. Hausen, 32, of the 300 block of Catalpa, Wood Dale, was arrested around 4:35 a.m. Oct. 3 at Stearns and Bartlett roads and charged with local ordinance possession of marijuana. His court date is Nov. 2.
• Burglars stole a remote garage door opener and a pair of sunglasses out of an unlocked car on South Sheridan Drive around 11 p.m. Oct. 9. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars stole items valued at $275 out of a car in an open garage on Remington Drive on an unknown date but reported Oct. 8.
• A vandal hurled a brick that broke the windshield on a car on Smoketree Circle around 1:25 a.m. Oct. 7. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Thieves stole 12 decorative plastic pumpkin baskets containing spotlights at a home on Lillian Place around 10:30 p.m. Oct. 5. Value was estimated at $120.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer, camera, cash, 17-20 pieces of gold jewelry, and a Blu-ray player out of a home on the 2400 block of Peter Road between Oct. 1 and 4. Value was estimated at $8,900.
• Vandals sprayed graffiti on the roof and damaged three air conditioner/heating units on a restaurant at 1414 E. Oakton St., between Aug. 5 and Oct. 5. Damage was estimated at $15,500.
• Serafin Figueroa Jr., 24, of the 800 block of North Avenue, Waukegan, was arrested around 1:10 a.m. Oct. 7 on the 1500 block of East Golf Road and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, DUI, illegal transportation of alcohol, and traffic and equipment violations. His court date is Oct. 30.
• Jazzae D. Wilson, 22, of the 500 block of North Central Park Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 5:15 p.m. Oct. 5 at a bank at 749 S. Lee St., and charged with felony forgery after she reportedly tried to cash a stolen check.
• Lynette Wilson, 22, of the 7800 block of South Drexel, Chicago, was arrested around 1:25 p.m. Oct. 2 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with endangering the life of a child after she reportedly left her 4-month-old baby in an unlocked car in the casino parking garage.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $138 out of an unlocked 2003 Ford Taurus on the 800 block of East Woodlawn Avenue between 2:30 p.m. Oct. 6 and 9:30 a.m. Oct. 7.
• Thieves stole a men's blue touring bike valued at $150 and the attached padlock from a bike rack at the Cumberland Metra depot, 485 E. Northwest Hwy., between 12:30 and 11:16 p.m. Oct. 6.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a woman's purse at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, between 7:30 and 11 p.m. Oct. 5. Value was estimated at $550. Someone used a credit card in the wallet to make two purchases valued at $18 at a restaurant in Chicago.
• A man stole a carton of cigarettes valued at $86 from the Mobil gas station, 2000 S. Mannheim Road, around 2:55 a.m. Oct. 3. The clerk placed the box on the counter and was distracted when the offender asked how much a different brand costs. The thief grabbed the box when the clerk turned around to check the price.
• Vandals scratched the entire driver's side of a 2011 Mitsubishi Galant and broke off the driver's-side mirror between 12:30 and 9 a.m. Oct. 3 on the 2200 block of Ash Street. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars broke into a 2003 Honda Accord in a lot at 420 E. Golf Road between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. and stole a GPS unit and camera. Loss was estimated at $650.
• Laurie Arcos, 19, of the 0-100 block of Middlebury Court, Hanover Park, Soe R. Reyes, 19, of the 1700 block of Linden, Hanover Park, Marina Marin, 18, of the 400 block of Perrie, Elk Grove Village, and Rasool C. Haleem, 26, of the 500 block of Onyx Court, Schaumburg, were arrested Oct. 10 on the 2100 block of Narcissus and charged with possession of stolen property. Haleem and Marin also were charged with possession of marijuana and obstructing identification. According to reports, Haleem also was arrested around 5:50 p.m. Oct. 9 at the same address and charged with suspicious person/possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Keith A. Haag, 21, of the 400 block of Harvard, Bartlett, was arrested around 11:50 a.m. Oct. 11 on the 1800 block of Goddard and charged with local ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Christopher X. Williams, 18, of the 900 block of West Bryn Mawr, Roselle, was arrested around 7:30 p.m. Oct. 9 and again around 7:10 a.m. Oct. 10 on the 1500 block of Spruce and charged with theft and obstructing a police officer.
• Larry Avilez, 28, of the 1200 block of San Simeon, Hanover Park, was arrested around 12:55 a.m. Oct. 7 on the 6600 block of Pine Tree and charged with criminal trespass and obstructing.
• Alvin D. Hewitt, 40, of the 1300 block of Kingsbury, Hanover Park, was arrested around 8:55 p.m. Oct. 5 on the 1300 block of Kingsbury and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Burglars forced open the rear door at a home on the 1400 block of Bear Flag around 4:50 p.m. Oct. 11 and stole electronics and video games.
• Vandals hurled a lawn ornament that smashed a front window at a home on the 1900 block of Lucille around 9:25 p.m. Oct. 7.
• A strong arm robber pushed a woman into a wall at an apartment building on the 600 block of Mesa Drive around 10:10 p.m. Oct. 7 and stole her purse. She and her husband were at the entrance to the building and were about to go inside when the man ran up behind them and grabbed her purse. Her husband tried to chase the offender, who ran west on Mesa, but he fell down the front steps and the robber escaped. Value of the purse was estimated at $50.
• Rigoberto Caloch-Morales, 34, was arrested around 8:55 p.m. Oct. 7 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took 15 pairs of women's panties and two pairs of women's shoes; value was estimated at $280. His court date is Oct. 22.
• Rafael Angel Varela, 19, of the 700 block of East Constitution Avenue, Palatine, was arrested around 11:30 a.m. Oct. 5 at Walmart, 930 Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, and charged with theft after employee Varela reportedly took a box containing five iPods into a restroom and hid them in his pockets. Value was estimated at $1,050. His court date is Oct. 22.
• Kevin S. Prace, 29, of the 6900 block of South Birchwood Avenue, Niles, was arrested around 1:10 a.m. Oct. 5 on the 900 block of See Gwun and charged with local ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after a witness phoned 911 to complain that a car had been idling for three hours on the street. An officer found marijuana and a drug pipe in the car, reports added.
• A man and woman stole a Blu-ray Disc and six DVD movies from Walmart in the Mount Prospect Plaza, Rand and Central roads, around 9:05 p.m. Oct. 2. They drove away in a black Ford Mustang, reports added. Value was estimated at $125.
• Thieves unscrewed and stole the front and rear bumper lips, cracked the front bumper and the windshield, tried but failed to remove the rear license plate and failed to pry open the front driver's-side door on a 2000 Honda Civic in an apartment lot on the 1000 block of North Boxwood Drive between 1 and 5 a.m. Oct. 7. Loss was estimated at $550.
• Vandals spray painted the hood and cracked the windshield on a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer in an apartment lot on the 1100 block of North Boxwood Drive between 8 and 9 p.m. Oct. 5. Damage was estimated at $1,000. According to reports, the car may have been targeted because it is painted yellow and black, the same colors worn by Boxwood gang members.
• Vandals put a long scratch from the front bumper to the rear bumper on the passenger's side of a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe on the 1100 block of North Boxwood Drive between 11 p.m. Sept. 30 and 8 a.m. Oct. 1. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• Scott Gilmore, 37, of the 1800 block of North Sawyer in Chicago was charged Oct. 11 with one count of felony theft and one count of misdemeanor attempted theft. On Oct. 9, at approximately 2 p.m., plainclothes officers were conducting surveillance in the Gateway Center parking garage located at 251 W. Colfax, in response to a recent rash of catalytic converter thefts when they saw Gilmore ride into the garage on a bicycle and crawl underneath a 2008 Lexus sport utility vehicle, police reports said. He was attempting to remove the catalytic converter when he was confronted by police. In his possession was a reciprocating saw, and a backpack which contained 19 replacement blades. He gave verbal and written statements implicating himself, police said. He also admitted to stealing a catalytic converter from a 2007 Lexus sport utility in the same location on Oct. 7, police said.
• Vandals broke two windows on a shed at Eisenhower School, 1 N. Schoenbeck Road, Sept. 25 or 26.
• Vandals scratched the rear driver's-side door on a 2010 Toyota Prius in a hotel lot at 600 N. Milwaukee Ave., between 11 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Oct. 4.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $300 from a banquet room table at Allgauer/Hilton, 2855 N. Milwaukee Ave., between 10 and 10:30 p.m. Sept. 29.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit out of a 1999 Chevrolet Blazer in a condominium lot on the 900 block of East Old Willow Road between noon Oct. 5 and 7 p.m. Oct. 7.
• Kathleen A. O'Driscoll, 38, of the 1700 block of Chesapeake, Schaumburg, was arrested around 9:20 p.m. Oct. 7 at Snuggery, 1540 N. Roselle Road, and charged with criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and resisting a peace officer after she reportedly bothered other customers by taking pictures of them with her cellphone. According to reports, she was yelling and swearing and refused to leave. Officers offered to give her a ride home, but she swore at them and refused. She struggled during the arrest and requested paramedics because her back was bothering her. Reports said she also swore at the paramedics, who drove her to a hospital, where she was treated and released.
• Lori V. Frazier-Chisoter, 40, of the 1100 block of South Laflin Street, Chicago, was arrested around 1 p.m. Sept. 21 at Nordstrom in Woodfield Mall and charged with theft after employee Frazier-Chisoter reportedly made unauthorized returns. Her court date is Nov. 6.
• Jehan W. Jaber, 26, of the 5900 block of North Odell Avenue, Chicago, was arrested around 11:15 a.m. Sept. 21 at Kohl's, 171 N. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took three clothing items. Her court date is Oct. 30.
• Gina M. Thiede, 49, of the 1000 block of South Park Boulevard, Streamwood, was arrested around 11:25 a.m. Sept. 18 at Target, 2621 W. Schaumburg Road, and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took two electronic items. Her court date is Oct. 30.
• Nabila Albouz, 51, of the 200 block of North Dearborn Street, Chicago, was arrested around 3:35 p.m. Oct. 3 at J.C. Penney in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took four pieces of underwear, and a salt and pepper set. Her court date is Nov. 16.
• Ryan T. Metzler, 23, of the 2000 block of Windemere Circle, Schaumburg, was arrested around 3:55 p.m. Oct. 9 at Best Buy, 900 E. Golf Road, and charged with theft after employee Metzler reportedly took $129. His court date is Nov. 13.
• Vandals scratched the trunk on a 2007 Toyota Camry in an apartment lot on the 500 block of Fairway View Drive between Sept. 24 and Oct. 8. Damage was estimated at $150.
• A man was videotaped kicking and breaking the bottom of a glass front door at Mom & Pop Pantry, 11 W. Dundee Road, around 2:50 a.m. Oct. 10. The offender crawled through the broken door and entered the store but turned and crawled out without taking anything. Damage was estimated at $299.