• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
•Burglars broke into a 2001 Acura MDX in a hotel lot at 2111 S. Arlington Heights Road between 9:30 p.m. Sept. 26 and 5:30 a.m. Sept. 27 and stole a music keyboard and two guitars. Value was estimated at $850.
• Burglars stole a GPS, iPad, e-reader, portfolio, safety glasses and sunglasses out of an unlocked 2008 Toyota Highlander hybrid in a driveway on the 1500 block of North Vail Avenue between 5 p.m. Sept. 29 and 10:30 a.m. Sept. 30. Value was estimated at $1,530.
• Two male shoplifters were seen on a security tape leaving Target, 1700 E. Rand Road, around 3:20 p.m. Sept. 26 through an emergency fire door, setting off an alarm. An inventory discovered that a notebook computer and laptop computer had been stolen. Value was estimated at $580.
• A man was seen on a security tape taking four packages of dental white strips valued at $190 from Mariano's Fresh Market, 802 E. Northwest Hwy., Sept. 9 but reported Sept. 29.
• Burglars stole a chain saw, circular saw and canvas bag with tools out of an unlocked garage at a home on the 100 block of North Reuter between 2:30 and 5:20 a.m. Sept. 26 and stole a GPS out of an unlocked 2006 Ford F250 pickup truck in the garage. Value was estimated at $460.
• Burglars entered an open garage in the 1700 block of North Chestnut Avenue overnight Sept. 30 and removed two bicycles, which were found abandoned nearby, and a purple Hannah Montana electric scooter valued at $250 which has not been recovered.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on the rear exterior wall at Oberweis, 9 E. Dundee Road, between 8 and 10:30 p.m. Sept. 28.
• Thieves drilled a hole into a metal plate, disabling the lock, on a coin operated machine in Red Roof Inn, 22 W. Algonquin Road, between Sept. 13 and 27 and stole money valued between $300 and $400.
• Burglars entered a residence in the 300 block of Park Place between 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Oct. 2 and removed a brown wood and glass cuckoo clock worth $100 from the dining room. The front door was closed but not latched properly. There were no signs of force.
• Burglars removed a screen and entered a sunroom of a home in the 1600 block of South Surrey Lane through a partially open window overnight Sept. 30 while the residents were sleeping. A Dunlop guitar volume pedal valued at $50 and a black laptop computer bag were removed.
• Burglars entered an unlocked white 2007 Nissan Altima and an unlocked black 2004 Jeep Liberty in the 1700 block of North Walnut Avenue overnight Sept. 30. Both vehicles were in the driveway; a pair of silver earrings and a silver bracelet with a total value of $100 was taken from the Nissan. The same night burglars entered an unlocked black 2005 Chevy Silverado in a driveway in the 1600 block of North Highland Avenue and removed a dark brown wallet with license and credit cards.
• Thieves removed a girl's purple Mongoose BMX bicycle valued at $150 and a boy's red/black Wipe-Out BMX bicycle valued at $150 from a yard in the 300 block of West Kirchoff between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Oct. 1. The Mongoose bicycle was found in some bushes on the 1300 block of East Central Road.
• Thieves removed a wooden scare crow and a windsock from the front lawn of a home in the 1600 block of East Campbell Street Sept. 28-29. The loss is estimated at $50.
• Thieves removed a silver Trek 800 men's mountain bike valued at $300 which was locked to a bicycle rack at the library, 500 North Dunton Avenue about 5:30 p.m. Sept. 28.