• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Elk Grove Village
Contact information ( * required )
• Robert T. Wayzer, 26, of the 1200 block of North 37th Street, Melrose Park, was arrested around 7:45 a.m. Sept. 13 at 901 Wellington Ave. and charged with failure to report an accident involving death and aggravated street racing. Ramon Echevarria, 24, of Schaumburg, was killed when the 1998 Chevrolet Corvette he was driving west on Estes Avenue from Nicholas Boulevard struck a building at 1801 Estes shortly after midnight Sept. 13, police said.
• Rigoberto Vargas, 52, of the 2600 block of Atlantic Avenue, Waukegan, was arrested around 2:50 p.m. Sept. 20 on the 1500 block of Landmeier Road and charged with theft. His court date is Oct. 25.
• Mark J. Alvarado, 38, of the 100 block of Jefferson Lane, Bloomingdale, was arrested around 12:10 p.m. Sept. 23 at 901 Wellington Ave. and charged with criminal damage to property. His court date is Oct. 22.
• Thieves stole a tire and rim from a 2012 Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck at Hoskins Chevrolet, 175 N. Arlington Heights Road, between 3:30 p.m. Sept. 20 and 9:20 a.m. Sept. 21. Value was estimated at $610.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer out of an unlocked home on the 1100 block of Cypress Lane between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. Sept. 24. Value was estimated at $600.
• Todd S. Motsinger, 49, of the 100 block of Home Drive, DeKalb, was arrested around 1:25 p.m. Sept. 27 on the 0-100 block of Magnolia and charged with felony theft after Motsinger, an employee of Hamby Home Services, was instructed to place a sign on the front door of a home under foreclosure. The house was not vacant; he was instructed to change the door locks if the house was vacant. Instead, according to police reports, he entered the home and took a harp valued at $4,000 and two drills valued at $230. The items were outside the home when officers arrived.
• Lamont J. Shores, 18, of the 100 block of Gladstone Drive, Glendale Heights, and Kenneth R. Zelker, 22, of the 300 block of Blackhawk Drive, Carol Stream, were arrested around 9:25 p.m. Sept. 27 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with felony retail theft after they reportedly took cases of soda and 11 bottles of liquor valued at $522. Their court date is Oct. 18.
• George L. Robinson, 44, of the 1700 block of McKool, Streamwood, was arrested around 3:30 p.m. Sept. 30 at Walmart, 850 S. Barrington Road, and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took three pairs of jeans valued at $60.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Chrysler 300C in a driveway on the 400 block of Locksley Drive between 9:30 p.m. Sept. 30 and 7:15 a.m. Oct. 1 and stole a men's designer watch and a cellphone. Value was estimated at $5,400.
• Thieves stole a pacemaker delivered by FedEx to a home on the 0-100 block of Winding Run Sept. 22. The delivery box was missing, too. Value was estimated at $8,000.
• Burglars stole a TouchPad and cellphone out of an unlocked home on the 900 block of Elisabeth Drive between 3:30 and 9 p.m. Sept. 25. Value was estimated at $300.