• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Damon A. Jump, 36, of the 2900 block of South Curtis Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 1:10 a.m. Oct. 1 on the 800 block of West Oakton Street and charged with theft/possession of stolen items after an officer responded to a call of a man hiding in bushes at a home on the 700 block of West Lincoln. The officer found Jump walking on the 800 block of West Oakton Street and asked him if he would like a ride home. When Jump agreed, the officer said he would have to inspect the bag Jump was carrying for the officer's safety. Stolen GPS units, a radar detector, and computer hardware were in the bag, reports said. Jump's court date is Oct. 31.
• Patrick J. Ruskin, 42, of the 1500 block of West Irving Park Road, Itasca, was arrested around 2 a.m. Sept. 30 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with battery after he reportedly pushed and grabbed a 28-year-old woman. His court date is Oct. 29.
• Marcos Antonio Ruelas-Orosco, 40, of the 2000 block of North Keeler, Chicago, was arrested around 1 a.m. Sept. 29 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with criminal damage to property after he hit a slot machine screen with his hand, shattering the glass. He reportedly told an officer he had lost $1,000 in four hours and was frustrated. Damage was estimated at $1,200. His court date is Oct. 24.
• Darren Lenell Jackson, 49, of the 0-100 block of Ash Street, Park Forest, was arrested around 10:15 a.m. Sept. 25 at Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., and charged with retail theft after he reportedly took merchandise valued at $101. His court date is Oct. 24.
• A burglar forced open the front door at a home on the 400 block of Lynn Court around noon Sept. 28 and stole a laptop computer, iPad, two watches, wedding band and miscellaneous jewelry. A witness saw a man enter the home empty-handed and leave carrying a bag, reports said. Value was estimated at $3,500.
• A man stole a pair of sunglasses valued at $350 out of an unlocked 2012 GMC Terrain in a driveway on the 1900 block of Howard Avenue around 5:10 a.m. Sept. 29. A witness saw him take the sunglasses and run away.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a woman's purse at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, between 2 and 2:30 p.m. Sept. 27. Value was estimated at $50.
• Burglars entered five vehicles on the 1600, 1700, and 1800 blocks of South White Street and 1700 block of Orchard Street between 2 and 7 a.m. Sept. 30 and stole a wallet out of a 2003 GMC Envoy, a GPS out of both a 2012 Honda Civic and a 2007 Ford Focus, and ransacked a 2000 Dodge Dakota and a 1991 Chevrolet van.
• A man was videotaped taking two bottles of vodka and two bottles of whiskey from Dominick's, 1555 S. Lee St., around 8:50 p.m. Sept. 28. He was also seen on a security tape stealing a bottle of vodka and two bottles of cognac at the same store around 12:40 p.m. Sept. 29. Value was estimated at $300.
• Fernando Martinez, 23, of the 1900 block of West Algonquin Road, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 7:50 p.m. Sept. 28 at Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after he reportedly took a pair of silver earrings and a stainless steel bracelet; value was estimated at $70. His court date is Nov. 9.
• Thieves stole a cellphone valued at $200 after the female owner left it on a rack in Kohl's, 1500 S. Elmhurst Road, around noon Sept. 22. She called her phone and a man answered. He told her he would meet her at a market on Golf Road and hand over the phone, but he never arrived. She called her phone again, and a woman answered. She told the victim the phone was given to her and then she hung up.
• Thieves stole 20 garden gnomes valued at $300 out of the front yard at a home on the 600 block of North Wille between 9 a.m. Sept. 26 and 11:30 a.m. Sept. 27.