Kick off a fun-filled fall season at Autumn Harvest, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at North School Park, Arlington Heights Road and Miner Street.
Start making your plans now for the scarecrow building contest (we supply all you need), taking a hayride, or showing off your pet in our Pet Parade. There will also be a kids' craft area, balloon artists, petting zoo, food and live entertainment.
Contact information ( * required )
Start off the day with a family bicycle ride, "Pedal Hard -- Breathe Easy," that starts at Hasbrook Park, 333 W. Maude, at 9:30 a.m. with registration and activities.
The 4.3-mile ride will take off at 10 a.m. and follow a route to North School Park.
The first 75 children to register by Oct. 4 by emailing email@example.com will receive an [URL]Idle Free Arlington;http://www.vah.com/residents/green/idle_free.aspx[URL] backpack that promotes the village's initiative to encourage drivers to idle less while dropping off children at schools and activities, waiting at a railroad crossing or waiting in line at a drive-through.
These few "idle free" steps can improve air quality and help everyone to "breathe easy." Registration will also be held at Hasbrook Park from 9:30-10 a.m. on Saturday.
After the bike ride, enjoy the activities at Autumn Harvest:
• 11 a.m.: Event opens. Register for the Scarecrow Building Contest (all materials will be supplied).
• 11:30-noon: Spectrum, Fusion and Synergy Dance Company.
• 12:30-1 p.m.: South Middle School Band.
• 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Little Nashville Band, a high-energy, family-focused concert that couples country music with contagious lyrics for children of all ages.
• 2:45-3:30 p.m.: Getting Excited about Science.
• 3 p.m.: Pet Parade. All pets accepted. Register your pet at 2:30 p.m. in the Pet Parade area located on Eastman, just south of the park.[/URL]