A fire inside an attached Naperville garage caused about $45,000 in damage to the structure and a vehicle inside late Tuesday afternoon.
A resident of a two-story home on the 1100 block of Marshall Court called 911 reporting that the house was on fire at 4:13 p.m.
Contact information ( * required )
The fire crews on the scene found smoke and flames pouring out of the attached two-car garage. All the residents were safe outside the home.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze within five minutes and contained it to the garage and the vehicle.
Officials said the cause of the fire was discarded painted materials and was accidental.
Naperville police and the Bolingbrook fire department assisted at the scene.
The house remains habitable, and there were no reported injuries.