• Centor North America, 1206 Nagel Blvd., reported that on Sept. 14 someone in California cashed a fraudulent check for $988.74 on the company's account, police said.
• A wallet was stolen out of a vehicle on the 700 block of Hamlet Street, it was reported at 12:52 p.m. Wednesday, police said.
• Kim A. Szymanowski, 23, of the 300 block of Seneca Street in Elgin, faces several drug charges stemming from an undercover drug investigation Wednesday, in which she reportedly sold 3.54 grams of cocaine for $150, according to a police report. Szymanowski was charged with unlawful delivery of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school, unlawful delivery of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of a controlled substance. Her bail was set at $50,000 and she has an Oct. 5 court at the Kane County Judicial Center.
• Divonne L. Banks, 17, of the 200 block of Center Street, was charged with armed robbery with a firearm and theft control intent under $500 for a Sept. 16 robbery in which Banks held up another man at gunpoint and made off with $260, according to a police report. Bail was set at $200,000 Friday and Banks is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 11 at the Kane County Judicial Center.
• A resident of the 3N0-99 block of Howard Road near Maple Park reported an apparent identity theft on Thursday after receiving a collection call for an unpaid $427 natural gas bill on an account that was not authorized, according to a sheriff's report.
• A horse that was hit by a car in the 15100 block of Route 176 in unincorporated Seneca Township early Friday morning, was later euthanized as a result of the injuries from the crash, according to the McHenry County Sheriff's Office. Police said the horse was one of several that had escaped from a nearby home. The passengers in the car were not injured and no charges were filed as a result of the accident.
• Jonathan Ayotte, 18, of the 600 block of Portsmouth Drive in Pingree Grove, was charged with theft of services last week for not paying for a meal he ate at Red Lobster, 701 Springhill Mall Drive, according to a police report. He has an Oct. 18 court date in Elgin.