• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Two males entered an open garage on the 1200 block of Francis Drive around 7:30 p.m. Sept. 20. They fled when the male owner rode his bicycle into the garage. Nothing appeared to be missing. They were described at 6 feet tall, thin build and wearing black clothes, shoes and ski masks. A K-9 police dog tracked them to Westgate School, 500 S. Dwyer, but lost the scent.
• Thieves stole a boys' red BMX bike with a flat tire and a Cubs sticker on the frame from an apartment patio on the 2300 block of East Olive between 10 p.m. Sept. 21 and 9 a.m. Sept. 22. Value was estimated at $350.
• Thieves stole $150 out of a purse hanging on a rack at Burlington Coat Factory, 30 W. Rand Road, between 5:45 and 6 p.m. Sept. 23. The owner left the purse to try something on.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a purse in a shopping cart at Goodwill store, 900 W. Algonquin Road, between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. Sept. 21. Someone tried to use credit and debit cards in the wallet at stores in Rolling Meadows and Schaumburg (Walmart, Staples, Meiers, Portillos, Macy's, and Hertz car rental). Three attempts were successful.
• Thieves stole a purse after a woman left it on a counter at Dunkin' Donuts, 2106 S. Arlington Heights Road, between noon and 12:30 p.m. Sept. 23. Value was estimated at $275.
• Thieves broke into a 2009 Subaru Forester in a restaurant lot at 1912 N. Arlington Heights Road between 8 and 10 p.m. Sept. 22 and stole a GPS valued at $500.
• Burglars broke into a 2000 Honda Civic in an apartment lot on the 2200 block of South Goebbert Road between 9:30 p.m. Sept. 22 and 9 a.m. Sept. 23 and stole the in-dash stereo, GPS unit and 400 mm camera lens. Loss was estimated at $8,900.
• Burglars broke into a 2004 Freightliner semitrailer truck in a restaurant lot at 630 E. Rand Road between 7 and 10:20 p.m. Sept. 22. The offenders pulled off the steering wheel molding in an attempt to steal the vehicle but failed. Damage was estimated at $1,500.
• Maria C. Yau, 22, of the 1500 block of Crimson, Palatine, was arrested around 6:45 p.m. Sept. 22 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after she reportedly put two pairs of earrings in her pocket and left without paying. Value was estimated at $56.
• Vandals knocked down a stop sign with a vehicle before leaving with the sign and post valued at $300 about 11:30 a.m. Sept. 17 at Davis Street and Cleveland Avenue.
• Burglars entered a residence in the 300 block of South Windsor Drive between noon Sept. 6 and noon Sept. 10 through an unsecured back door and removed a diamond ring valued at $1,200.