• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Vandals drew graffiti and rode skateboards over freshly poured concrete at Chippewa Park, 123 N. Eighth Ave., between 5:30 p.m. Sept. 19 and 5 p.m. Sept. 20. Damage was estimated at $15,000.
• Kelly C. Smith, 36, of the 8400 block of South Oglesby, Chicago, was arrested around 7 a.m. Sept. 21 in the library parking garage, 1444 E. Prairie St., and charged with public indecency after he reportedly exposed himself while sitting on the basement stairs. His court date is Oct. 30.
• Alfonso L. Vierneza, 49, of the 1000 block of Arnold Court, Des Plaines, was arrested around 4:15 p.m. Sept. 21 during a traffic stop on the 800 block of South Beau Drive and charged with city ordinance possession of marijuana, expired registration and improper use of registration. His court date is Oct. 29.
• Burglars stole an iPod and GPS out of an unlocked 2007 Toyota Scion in a driveway on the 400 block of Radcliffe Avenue between 9 p.m. Sept. 21 and 11 a.m. Sept. 22. Value was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole an iPad valued at $850 out of a shopping cart in a store lot at 518 Metropolitan Way around 6 p.m. Sept. 23 when the female owner left it by mistake.
• Rosalind Mirochnick, 81, of the 1600 block of East Central Road, Arlington Heights, was arrested around 5:35 p.m. Sept. 20 at Dominick's, 1042 S. Elmhurst Road, and charged with two counts of retail theft. According to reports, she took a package of adult diapers from a shelf and turned it in at the customer service counter, claiming she had purchased it but want to return it. The employee gave her a gift card valued at $14. She also reportedly left the store with unpaid merchandise valued at $72 in a shopping cart. Her court date is Nov. 1.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and loose change out of an unlocked 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser at a home on the 500 block of Lois Court between 5 p.m. Sept. 21 and 6:45 a.m. Sept. 22. Value was estimated at $200.
• Burglars stole a brown jacket and black wallet out of an unlocked 2012 Toyota Corolla in an apartment lot on the 1700 block of Forest Cove between 4 p.m. Sept. 21 and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 22. Value was estimated at $180.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and tablet computer out of an unlocked 2004 Mazda 3 in a driveway on the 500 block of South We Go Trail between midnight and 7 a.m. Sept. 23. Value was estimated at $1,150.
• Burglars stole hand tools, cable, cordless drill and saw, chargers, and sunglasses out of an unlocked 2001 Ford Expedition in a driveway on the 300 block of South Helena Avenue, Arlington Heights, between 4 and 11 p.m. Sept. 23. Value was estimated at $1,000.