• Luis J. Romo, 18, of the 100 block of Devonshire Circle in Elgin, appeared in bond court Tuesday after being charged with two counts of aggravated DUI, both felonies, and a misdemeanor underage drinking offense, according to police reports. Romo is charged with driving a truck just before 1 a.m. Sunday, running a stop sign and causing a crash that sent himself and two others to local hospitals. Romo was released from medical care Monday and arrested. Bail was set at $100,000, according to jail records, and his next court date is Sept. 27 in St. Charles.
• Kena T. Smith, 34, of an unknown address, appeared in bond court Tuesday on charges of possession of cocaine, a felony, according to police reports. Smith was arrested shortly after 1:30 p.m. Monday after he refused to stop talking to a driver and get out of the road for traffic on National Street near Grove Avenue, reports said. He is charged with possession of about 3 grams of cocaine. Bail was set at $20,000, according to jail records, and Smith's next court date is Sept. 27 in St. Charles.
• Twelve unauthorized credit card charges, totaling $868, were made between noon Sept. 15 and noon Sept. 19 on the account of a resident of the 34W900 block of Stanton Drive near St. Charles, according to a sheriff's report.
• A car stereo was stolen between 2 and 7 a.m. Monday from an unlocked car in the 9N500 block of Flora Drive near Elgin, according to a sheriff's report.
• An estimated $3,700 worth of copper wire was stolen between 1 p.m. Sept. 14 and 12:48 p.m. Sept. 19 from a construction site at Route 47 and Plank Road near Burlington, according to sheriff's report.
• An estimated $4,000 damage was done to four acres of corn near Jackson and Linda lanes near Elgin when some ATVs were driven through the field, according to a sheriff's report. The damage was reported at 2:22 p.m. Sept. 19.