Breaking News Bar
updated: 9/20/2012 8:04 AM

Family sues Chicago company over acid death

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Pres

A lawsuit claims a worker at a Bedford Park factory died after being sprayed with a chemical solution and that the company failed to get him medical attention.

Relatives of Carlos Centeno Sr. filed the lawsuit Tuesday in Cook County Circuit Court.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

According to the filing, citric acid exploded from a tank that Centeno was cleaning last November at Raani Corp., which makes household products. The factory is in Bedford Park.

The Chicago Tribune reports he suffered burns over 80 percent of his body and died three weeks later.

Lawyer Stephan Blandin says company managers failed to call 911 or send him to a hospital.

Blandin says a co-worker took him to a clinic more than 30 minutes after the injury.

Raani did not respond to a request for comment.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here