• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars broke into a 2007 Toyota Cruiser SUV and a 2009 Toyota Camry in the same restaurant lot, 1331 W. Dundee Road, between 7 and 10 p.m. Sept. 7 and stole a briefcase out of each vehicle. Loss was estimated at $500.
• Vandals smashed a mailbox and broke the post at a home on the 600 block of Scottsvale Lane between 9 p.m. Sept. 8 and 7 a.m. Sept. 9. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole a wallet out of a bag hanging on a female customer's walker in Barnes and Noble Bookstore, 13 W. Rand Road, between 1:15 and 1:30 p.m. Sept. 7.
• Thieves stole keys out of two unlocked lockers in a men's locker room at Olympic Pool, 660 N. Ridge Ave., between 4:45 and 5 p.m. Sept. 8. Value was estimated at $120.
• Thieves stole a men's silver mountain bike from a driveway at a home on the 500 block of East Grove between 6:30 p.m. Sept. 7 and 1:30 a.m. Sept. 8. Value was estimated at $499.
• Thieves stole a boys' maroon and silver mountain bike chained to a bike rack in a public garage, 22 S. Vail Ave., between Aug. 30 and Sept. 8. Value was estimated at $100.
• Burglars shattered a glass door at the Salvation Army store, 250 W. Rand Road, between 10:10 p.m. Sept. 8 and 10:04 a.m. Sept. 9, rummaged through a rear office, moved a checkout counter and stole a gray safe under the counter. Value was estimated at $300.
• Burglars stole a new generator still in its box out of an unlocked shed in the backyard at a home on the 1000 block of South Belmont Avenue between Sept. 2 and 9. Value was estimated at $98.
• Bartlett police as part of a grant-funded Labor Day holiday traffic crackdown, charged three motorists with DUI, one with no valid driver's license and one with driving while license suspended. Police also issued one uninsured motorist violation citation, 46 seat belt violation citations, a combined 29 speeding violation citations and warning tickets, and a combined 33 citations and warning tickets for other traffic violations.
• Vandals slashed tires and scratched the paint on 16 vehicles overnight Sept. 5-6. Slashed tires: a 2010 Lincoln Town Car on the 800 block of Seegers Road, a 2003 Honda CRV on the 600 block of Seegers Road, a 2011 Lincoln SUV and 2012 Toyota Prius on the 700 block of Sanborn. A 2012 Dodge van, a 2010 Toyota coupe, a 2009 Honda Accord, and a 2010 Toyota Tundra pickup truck, all on the 700 block of Hanbury Drive. Scratches were found: on a 2008 Mazda SUV, 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV, 2005 Pontiac Grand Am, 2006 Lexus GS300, 2005 Nissan Armada (scratches and slashed tire), and 2002 Toyota Highlander SUV, all on the 1200 block of Perry Street. Vandals also scratched a 2008 Nissan Altima and 2010 Kia Sedona, both on the 700 block of Hanbury Drive. Total damage was estimated at $6,800.
• Thieves stole a wallet containing cash, a safety deposit box key, checkbook, IDs and credit cards out of a customer's shopping cart at Shop N Save, 518 Metropolitan Way, between 2 and 4:15 p.m. Sept. 5. Value was estimated at $50.
• Burglars broke a window at Fullers Car Wash, 771 W. Algonquin Road, between 10 p.m. Sept. 5 and 6:30 a.m. Sept. 6 and stole a cash register from the front counter. Value was estimated at $100.
•A male in his late teens or early 20s was seen on a security tape taking a portable video-game unit and game from Kmart, 1155 E. Oakton St., around 11 a.m. Sept. 3. Value was estimated at $299.
• Linda S. Romano, 55, of the 1700 block of East Oakton Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 12:30 p.m. Sept. 6 at Kmart, 1155 Oakton St., and charged with city ordinance petit theft after she reportedly took merchandise valued at $150. Her court date is Oct. 12.
• Jonathan Diaz, 25, of the 100 block of South Eighth Avenue, Des Plaines, was arrested around 12:05 p.m. Sept. 7 at his home and charged with city ordinances possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and expired vehicle registration. His court date is Sept. 24.
• Gennadiy S. Zakharov, 46, of the 0-100 block of Montebello Drive, Vernon Hills, was arrested around 1:35 a.m. Sept. 8 at Rivers Casino, 3000 S. River Road, and charged with city ordinance disorderly conduct after he reportedly harassed a casino employee and showed a knife attached to his belt.
• Thieves cut and stole a 3-foot-length of copper wire attached to a water tower at 100 N. River Road between Sept. 3 and 6. Loss was estimated at $1,400.
• Thieves damaged the front grill and driver's-side wheel well and stole the tailgate and a car radio out of a 1993 Ford Ranger pickup truck in a business lot at 1262 Lee St. between 9:40 p.m. Sept. 6 and 9:50 a.m. Sept. 7. Loss was estimated at $750.
• Burglars broke into a 2008 Audi A4 and a 2008 Hyundai Sonata in two business lots at 632 and 638 West Algonquin Road between 11 p.m. Sept. 7 and 8:30 a.m. Sept. 8.
• Burglars stole the in-dash stereo out of a 2000 Ford Explorer and 2000 Chevrolet Astro van in a trailer park on the 800 block of East Oakton Street between midnight and 8:30 a.m. Sept. 9. Value was estimated at $200.
• Kenneth S. McGee, 18, of the 2300 block of South Cannon Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 1:50 a.m. Sept. 1 at his apartment and charged with felony burglary and criminal trespass to motor vehicle after an officer on patrol saw him standing behind a 2002 Honda Accord in an apartment lot on the 400 block of Enterprise Drive. The officer noticed that the Accord had been ransacked and the trunk lid was open. McGee fled and a witness, who saw the officer chasing McGee, gave police his name and address. According to reports, McGee admitted "car hoping" (checking cars for unlocked doors). Police believe he took a laptop computer, computer bag, GPS, iPod, shorts and CDs out of a 1997 Saturn in the same lot. Value was estimated at $750. Nothing appeared to be missing out of the Accord. A court date is Sept 25.
• Frank S. Sabo, 26, of the 1200 block of Brown Street, Des Plaines, was arrested around 6:50 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Des Plaines Police Department, 1418 Miner St., and charged with felony retail theft after he reportedly took a shirt valued at $55 from Carson's, 1025 Center Drive, Randhurst Village, around 4:15 p.m. Aug. 10. According to reports, Sabo was videotaped taking the shirt. He reportedly threatened a security agent and appeared to drive toward him in the parking lot as he fled. His court date is Sept. 17.
• Deshawn Bowers, 37, of the 0-100 block of East Judith Ann Drive, Mount Prospect, was arrested around 8:10 p.m. Aug. 23 on the 1700 block of Sable Lane and charged with village ordinance possession of marijuana.
• Burglars broke into a 2011 Chevrolet Express cargo van in a driveway on the 2700 block of Briarwood Drive West between 12:30 and 4:30 a.m. Sept. 6 and stole two drills, a saw, three containers of Freon, air conditioner coil, condenser unit and hand tools. Loss was estimated at $4,370.
• Burglars stole a wallet, backpack, iPod and money out of an unlocked 2007 Honda Civic in an unlocked garage on the 1100 block of Birch Drive between 10 p.m. Sept. 3 and 6:45 a.m. Sept. 4. Value was estimated at $575.
• Vandals broke a door lock on a 2002 Ford Econoline van in a driveway on the 2900 block of Briarwood Drive East between Sept. 1 and 4 but nothing appeared to be missing. Damage was estimated at $300.
• Burglars broke into a 2001 Honda Civic in an apartment lot on the 200 block of North Westgate between 5 p.m. Sept. 6 and 9 a.m. Sept. 7 and stole a stereo out of the center console. Loss was estimated at $400.
• Thieves stole a silver mountain bike with black and orange lettering parked by the baseball field at Fairview School, 300 N. Fairview Ave., between 4:30 and 4:55 p.m. Sept. 9. while the owner played football. Other bicycles were on the ground with the stolen bike but they were not taken, reports added. Value was estimated at $130.