• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• A man rang the doorbell at a home on East Wallace Street around 8:30 p.m. Sept. 10; he shoved the female resident aside when she opened the door and entered the home. He told her he was a police officer and was going to repossess her vehicle. He then said he worked for a vehicle repossession company. When she said that her daughter had the vehicle, he left in a tan Pontiac sedan. He was described as between 30 and 40 years old, 5-foot-10, 250 pounds, with shaggy sandy hair.
• Vandals in a white car damaged two mailboxes on Longstreet around 1:15 a.m. Sept. 11.
• Vandals spray painted graffiti on a Bartlett Little League concession stand, picnic table, pavement and light standard and broke glass in the parking lot at 2255 Southwind Blvd. around 11 a.m. Sept. 12.
• Vandals broke a mailbox off at the base around 3 a.m. Sept. 10 on Struckman. Damage was estimated at $50.
• Burglar stole money, gift cards, bottle of cologne and a GPS power cord out of a car on Woodhaven Drive around 7 a.m. Sept. 10. Value was estimated at $780.
• Thieves stole the flag from the third hole and damaged the green by putting several holes in it and raking it at Villa Olivia, 1401 W. Lake St., Sept. 10.
• Vandals knocked over a mailbox on Golfers Lane around 1:30 p.m. Sept. 9.
• Thieves stole $1,000 out of a female resident's lockbox in her room at Victory Center, 1101 W. Bartlett Road, around 11 a.m. Sept. 9.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit out of an unlocked car on Remington Drive around 3 p.m. Sept. 7. Value was estimated at $90.
• A male passenger in an SUV pointed a gun at a man on the 1900 block of Lake Street around 11:55 p.m. Sept. 7 and tried to rob him.
• Jaime Martinez III, 21, of the 0-100 block of Slade, Elgin, was arrested around 1:30 a.m. Sept. 11 at Lake and Walnut and charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
• Javier Herrera, 18, of the 2100 block of Mallard, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7:10 p.m. Sept. 10 at Camden and Greenbridge and charged with possession of marijuana.
• Cristina Grano, 39, of the 1200 block of San Simeon, Hanover Park, was arrested around 7 p.m. Sept. 7 at 7580 Barrington Road and charged with theft of mislaid property.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit, cellphone and money out of a vehicle on the 7500 block of Bristol around 11 a.m. Sept. 9.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer from Hanover Highlands Elementary School, 1451 Cypress, around 9 a.m. Sept. 7.
• Brian Wayton, 29, of the 0-100 block of Hobart, South Elgin, was arrested around 1:10 a.m. Sept. 8 at Hoffman Lanes, 80 W. Higgins Road, and charged with battery after he reportedly grabbed a man by the throat, grabbed another man by the shirt and tore the collar, and swore at both of them in the parking lot. His court date is Oct. 11.
• Burglars stole a laptop computer and wallet out of an Acura TL in an apartment lot on the 1000 block of Atlantic Avenue between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 29 and 6:45 a.m. Aug. 30.
• Drita Ahmedi, 25, of the 1900 block of Poplar Avenue, Hanover Park, was arrested around 6 p.m. Sept. 10 at Macy's in Woodfield Mall and charged with retail theft after she reportedly took five clothing items. Her court date is Oct. 15.